Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2006, 06:24 AM

Default Hit my straight, 3 to a flush

The quality of players on this table was bad, even for 0.5-1 fish max standards. IMO, this made the hand even harder to play. SB
was not a complete fish, which is why i was cursing myself calling this river raise. Flop peel was very marginal also.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, MP calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 11-04-2006, 06:27 AM

Default Re: Hit my straight, 3 to a flush

Also, can someone (maybe str8) tell me exactly how many outs i have on the turn, discounted for the flush draw etc.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:42 AM

On the turn your pair of jacks is probably no good, I’d put BB on at least a pair of Ks, and a set of T's or 8's isn’t MUBS either.

To make J trips you have 1 clean out (Jh is tainted). To make 2 pair you have 2 clean outs (Ah tainted). For the straight you have 3 clean outs (Qd Qs Qc).

So 6 outs to start, but you have to discount these again as they are not nut draws or the straight may well be a chop pot. I’d seriously cut them in half for 3 outs. I might peel the flop with this hand, I’m done by the turn.

I hate having to call 2 on the river with a straight when the board has a flush showing. Someone beter then me would have to calculate my chances of being good, my instinct is call 1, fold for 2.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:17 AM

Flop peel is fine. On the turn u have 9 possible outs against TP. However they are not woth anywhere near that. Ur Q I value as two. Anyone with an A splits and the Qh puts a flush on the board. The Aces I value as 0.5 outs. The J's as 1.5 outs. This give us 4 outs so this is a fold IMO. I know many here like to count lots of implied odds in situations like this but I think it's pretty accurate to count them as zero considering all the cards that may cause us to lose extra.

The first river call is automatic. On the second ur getting 5:1 (assuming u split in three). I think SB holds a naked A often enough to call.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:08 AM

Looks ok to me. Flop call is not "very" marginal. Getting 10:1 w/about 6 outs the only thing marginal about it is your not closing the action.

Turn, again, 8:1 to call w/6 or 6.5 outs.

River, pot is too big to fold this hand against "quality of players on this table was bad", tho the sb raise does suck big ones. I'm not sure a raise is not in order but i doubt it.

edit: i didn't consider the chances of a split on the turn, so yeah, it should probably be a fold there.