Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 11-13-2007, 10:05 AM

Default Ugh, TPTK AQ on scary card checkraise

Villain is 16/0/0.5 after like 16 handes. I obviously haven't seen him do anything yet, but that's because he's basically really done nothing. Meh, 16 hands.

Ok, so this is a gross turn card as it hits a bunch of hands, many of which beat AQ. Regardless, AQ is still pretty strong here. I'm just sorta curious waht you guys think of three-betting here...

Ok, so let's say I three-bet, what do I do if he 4-bets? Call and fold UI?

--

Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">BB raises</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero 3-bets</font>...
Old 11-13-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Ugh, TPTK AQ on scary card checkraise

As played I'd call his cap and c/c the river UI. He would have pocket 9s or more likely he hit two pair like 89s or such.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:24 AM

dave, what do you put his range at on the turn and do you think you're ahead of that range (thus your 3bet)? i mean when you say aq is pretty strong here it's strong yes as in tptk but he's not showing up with 77 or at all that often here is he? maybe he has qj or two diamonds some of the time would be my hope.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As played I'd call his cap and c/c the river UI. He would have pocket 9s or more likely he hit two pair like 89s or such.

[/ QUOTE ]

unless your opponent is a maniac, it is pretty much impossible for AQ to be good UI if you put 5 bets in on the turn and river.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:22 PM

:grunch:

I'd call down from the turn raise. You're sometimes getting raised by a worse Q, but this is a better hand more often I reckon.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:33 PM

I don't like the turn 3-bet. Villains at this level generally aren't tricky enough to semibluff check-raise the turn with a flush draw, which is about the only hand for villain to have where you would want to 3-bet. Most of the time, of course, he's got you beaten. If he's playing back at you with middle pair or a weaker Q, just call and let him bet the river; don't give him an easy fold.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:36 PM

Read is pretty meaningless obviously, you might take a degree of tightness out of it, but the aggression figures should be ignored imo.

He could still have KQ QJ and have waited for turn, or even possibly TT JJ (more unlikely) depending on how passive he is preflop. I agree with others who say he is more likely to be ahead though, or at least drawing very live (pair and FD) against you. I think I prefer the call down but I do play too passively, so take that as you will.

Regards Mack
Old 11-13-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the turn 3-bet. Villains at this level generally aren't tricky enough to semibluff check-raise the turn with a flush draw, which is about the only hand for villain to have where you would want to 3-bet. Most of the time, of course, he's got you beaten. If he's playing back at you with middle pair or a weaker Q, just call and let him bet the river; don't give him an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on my experience giving him an easy fold should be the least of your worries, as most people at this level are unlikely to fold a pair or even an ace.

Mack
Old 11-13-2007, 01:46 PM

Hmm, the turn must be closer to a flold than a 3-bet? I call down and expect to lose.

I have no idea what to do if you 3-bet and he caps but I cant see how you would not be drawing dead to a set or straight if he does so I think that would then be closer to a fold than a call. But you will get to showdown for the same price and with the bonus of potentially sucking out on 89.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:11 AM

might be fantasy land, but I was thinking something like this:

coming back to the reads, yeah, that's pretty much fantasy land. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

13,552 games 0.016 secs 847,000 games/sec

Board: Qd 8d 5h 9s
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 58.161% 57.19% 00.97% 7750 132.00 { AdQs }
Hand 1: 41.839% 40.86% 00.97% 5538 132.00 { 55+, AdKd, AQs, AdJd, AdTd, Ad9d, Ad8d, Ad7d, Ad6d, Ad5d, Ad4d, Ad3d, Ad2d, KQs, KdJd, KdTd, Kd9d, Kd8d, Kd7d, Kd6d, Kd5d, Kd4d, Kd3d, Kd2d, QTs+, Qd9d, Q8s, Q5s, JTs, Jd9d, J8s, Jd7d, Jd6d, J5s, T7s+, T5s, 95s+, 85s+, 75s+, 65s, AQo+, KQo, Q8o+, Q5o, J8o+, T7o+, 95o+, 85o+, 75o+, 65o }