Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: monotone: the wall of sound

Flop is fine. Obv you are cr'ing. Sucks it got checked through. I think the river bet is fine, but you have to fold to a raise if it bricks off. I really cant put him on anything, but like a black AQ that is trying protect against a hand exactly like the one you are holding. If anything your turn 3bet and river bet is as a bluff to fold out a Qxd, but I wouldnt make this play just based on that.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:25 AM

What were your intentions on the flop? Were you going for a C/R? Slowplaying? I think I'd be donking this to fold out non- [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] kings and queens.

Both of them may well pay to see the river with any rag- [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

With 2 broadway [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] cards out, I think we don't need to worry too much about a made flush, but our Jacks are still vulnerable. I think I'd be donking this flop.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That being said the Turn bet still isn't horrible, just the 3-bet seems soo much worse now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont want to get into a semantics battle about the nature of the turn bet. Instead of saying the turn bet is bad, I shouldve said, Im convinced checking the turn will make us more money than betting the turn.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:41 AM

Clearly donking the Flop is the correct play...having seen the Flop get checked through.

Honestly, result oriented much people?

Check-raising the flop gets us the most value in lieu of a read that both players would let a flop like this get checked through. The only thing we can do is make a note and donk the next monotone flop where we have top pair+ NFD.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really dont like this turn 3 bet. I cant think of any legit reason to do it against a sd prone opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people are more altruistic than others. TT must be a very generous person. I would also like to add that I think the turn bet itself is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted this hand because I didn't like my decisions on multiple streets yet at the same time my options were interesting so i thought it would make a good discussion. I didn't like my flop check, I didn't like my turn 3-bet, and the river bet line was suspect as well. I disagree about the turn, I think leading is the best line but in general I totally agree the 3-bet was spew; I have no idea what i was thinking at the time. The moment I 3-bet I regretted it (perhaps I was psychologically compensating for the missed bet on the flop - who knows - but I wasn't happy with my decision).
Old 11-06-2007, 05:21 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]