Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

Chip -

[ QUOTE ]
I made a bit of a stink over it due to the short notice (and the loss of holiday worked pay) which only served to annoy my superiors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do not make a big stink. I want them to love you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I sympathize. I'm not having the greatest time at work these days. It's like all the fun drained away and now it is making me sad. I don't work well under stress and let me tell you there's nothing like having 2 bosses standing over your shoulder tapping their foot and asking if you're almost done to make you feel stressed.

Now, on top of being stressed out and having another deadline this week, I'm feeling sick to my stomach. I ate at Chipotle yesterday and it made my stomach hurt. Can undercooked rice make you ill? I hate that place.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chip -

[ QUOTE ]
I made a bit of a stink over it due to the short notice (and the loss of holiday worked pay) which only served to annoy my superiors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please do not make a big stink. I want them to love you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I sympathize. I'm not having the greatest time at work these days. It's like all the fun drained away and now it is making me sad. I don't work well under stress and let me tell you there's nothing like having 2 bosses standing over your shoulder tapping their foot and asking if you're almost done to make you feel stressed.

Now, on top of being stressed out and having another deadline this week, I'm feeling sick to my stomach. I ate at Chipotle yesterday and it made my stomach hurt. Can undercooked rice make you ill? I hate that place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being stressed at work Sucks! I feel pretty fortunate to really enjoy my work and where I work. I have worked jobs that were just jobs before with way too much to do and a lot of stress and I do not miss that. One of the best things I ever did was move from the private sector to education and non-profit. If feels really good knowing that you are working for a place that is trying to do some good or educate kids. Not trying to brag, I just feel really fortunate and thankful that I fell into this. I am sure I could be making more money somewhere else doing what I do but it is a good trade off to me.

Chipotle! I LOVE Chipotle. I had heard of this place but wasn't able to try it until last summer when I was in Vegas for a training class. There is not a Chipotle anywhere near me so it was a real treat! It reminded me of a place in IL near a company I worked for that served burritos that were very similar. MMMMM..... I am heading back to Vegas in a couple of weeks and I know this will be one of our stops for a meal!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Chipotle! I LOVE Chipotle. I had heard of this place but wasn't able to try it until last summer when I was in Vegas for a training class. There is not a Chipotle anywhere near me so it was a real treat!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my god I am craving it again today. What is my problem [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 05:32 PM

I know I'm late coming back, but I just wanted to say that I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving break. I realize it's not a week-long break for all like us lucky college students get, but hey. Hope you all enjoyed it.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:05 PM

You got a week off for Thanksgiving while in college? Bastard.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Including the skipping, so did I.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:33 PM

If you work for yourself, you get to take as long as you want off for the holidays, or something like that.....or, well, not really.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:21 PM

re: "I [censored] up"

Borodog posted here and not in BBV4Life was because he knew we wouldn't hurt his feelings.

I am disappointed.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going into teaching so at first I thought that I'd get a week off every year. Then I realized that not even every college gets the whole week off, let alone high schools.

It was enjoyable, other than the fact I spent a ton of time moving stuff from house to house. Bleh.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:20 PM

December LC thread please?
Closed Thread