Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 03:26 AM

Default ac trip report 10/19

took a trip to ac with a friend of mine on the date in the subject line. it was a thursday, and i got there around 11 pm.

first stop was caesars. i kept on hearing about how much action it has at the poker tables that i had to get in that game. turns out the rumors are right. me and my friend sit down at 1/2 no limit with 100 dollars each . i wait for the big blind to survey my table. the makeup of the table was two loose gambling players(one of which moved in preflop with 9 10) , a very tight player, a good agressive player, and 4 total amateurs/tourists. i dont really have a style, i just adjust it as the table situation dictates. my friend is very loose and very agressive. preflop raises of 10 - 20 dollars getting called by two or three people were the norm. lots of weak play after the flop. few pots were contested past the turn. the gamblers were calling pot size bets on the flop , half sized pot bets on the turn with draws as weak as a gutshot or two over cards. one of them even called the agressive player all the way to showdown with king high(the agressive player was caught bluffing the last hand). the tight players the the rookies all folded way too much , but if they had a good top pair hand they would bet or call. the tight player could be raised off of top pair hands, the rookies could not. anyway, i knew immediatly we could make a bundle here. i decided all i had to do was convince this table i was an idiotic compulsive bluffer and i would get paid. so i just start raising almost every pot to 20 dollars, betting big(1 - 1.5 xpot) on the flop, and taking the pot down, showing a few junk hands to let them know im an aggressive player. on the 9th hand, the agressive player raised from the third seat to 25 and got called by one of the gamblers immediatly to his left. around to the next gambler in seat 7 , who calls. im on the button with about 200 dollars and look down at 5 5. i go all in for 200 or so. now before you say im an idiot there are a few things i should explain. first off, there was a good chance i had the best hand. the agressive player could have anything and probably wont call me without a premium hand. he's not an idiot so he wont call without at least pocket queens or ace king, which was a very small subset of his raising range. the gamblers would call with more hands, probably as bad as pocket 7's or ace jack, maybe king queen. but again, those hands are a pretty small subset of their calling range, especially given that they know the agressive player will raise with alot of hands and they dont like to be bluffed(gambling players wont be pushed around). anyway, i decided that if i was called by a gambler , i had the best hand about 50% of the time , and could still suckout with a set 16% of the other 50% when they had a pair. so i felt i was in a good situation if i moved in. the most important thing though, is that if i wasnt called i would show the hand and now they know im capable of going all in with pocket 5's preflop, thinking im a total sucker who overplays his hands. this is how you set up a huge night. anyway, i got called by gambler #2 and he had ace queen. my hand held up and now i have 400. the tight player calls me a donkey. ok, now its time to tighten up a bit. while im waiting for a hand the two gamblers get involved in a huge pot with big bets (30 - 120) and calls on every street. the calling gambler asks the other if he has a pair. he says no and caller wins with a k high. there are some serious suckers here. the next notable hand occured when the agressive raised preflop to 20 bucks and the rock calls on the button. flop is ace with two babies and agressive fires 30. rock raises 60 more. agressive moves in immediatly. rock calls and flips over ak. agressive has aces and 4's. the turn and the river put a running pair of jacks on the board on the rock wins a huge pot( every rock i've came across there pretty much overplayed their top pair hands in similar fashion). i ended up not getting any hand at all for a while so i just started talking loose and insulting the other players, yelling out guesses of their hole cards and just basically being a prick. its not good etiquette but hey, you gotta create your action somehow. anyway, i get pockets kings under the gun and make it 20 to go. just me and one of the gamblers on the flop which comes 3s qs td. i check and he fires 50, which i then check raise to 150. he calls. the turn is tc, and i bet out 200, enough to put him all in. he instacalls and shows king queen. anyway, i started drinking, and got kicked out of caesars for the night after trying to a little too hard to loosen up the rock with taunts and insults. he complained and that was that.

so im very drunk and its about 4 am, instead of going to sleep like i should, i decide to go to tropicana and drink some more there and play some cards. so i get there and there are two tables operating, one of them is pretty short. i sit down at the full one with 200. it seems that this table is full of nits. they had tight hand selection, a good understanding of situations and a good amount of patience. in other words, this table was a nightmare for me. i started raising every other hand as usual, betting big or checkraising big on the flop and taking it down if they actually called(rare). i enocountered resistance once on the third hand when a nit raised my big bet on the flop, and i folded. unlike caesars though, my raises were usually just winning the blinds, and the nits hardly ever called. i decided i needed to take things a little further. i decided
that 75% of the time a nit raised preflop i was gonna move in with any two when the action is to me. i was really trying to let these guys know that im a sick gambler so i could get some loose action, and cause them to start making some mistakes when they play against me. also, i love busting nits with stupid gambling hands when they make good preflop all in calls, because they WILL rebuy repeatadly after that to get you back if you handle them correctly. heres a perfect example. nit raises in the second seat to 20. i raise all in with pocket twos, about 250 more. this is about the 4th time i did this out of the last 7 nit raises. because of this he instacalls and proudly flips over queens. i didnt flip mine because i wanted the other player to sweat. the board is 2 4 j j 9 at showdown time. hes smiling at me arrogantly with his queens, telling me i dont have to show if i dont want to. instead i tell him to take those pocket queens, and shove them up his ass. i imediately throw my pocket ducks right at his face. its now war between me and the rest of this table, 7 other people. i now have 500 or so in front of me and continue to play hyper agressively. im raising nearly every pot to 35 now(im very drunk mind you) and ovcoarse sticking with the original all in plan whenever they raise. my luck caught up with me for not switching gears when i should have after that ducks hand. i bluffed off alot of money and was getting called. they showed up with some strong hands, and my stack was grinded down to nothing. the number one winner of that money was an old man, who was calling every bet. not just from me, but anyone. if this old man had any sort of pair or draw he was gonna look you up regardless of the bet size. now im pissed, and decide im gonna dig into more of my caesars money to buy back in. bought in for 100 3 times in a row. i lost all three buyins moving in on people either before or on the flop. i was getting tired. i was very drunk. time to go to sleep and try to make some of the leakage up tommorow. we went to the red roof inn which is about 5 minutes from ac. only 90 dollars a night, and very clean.

woke up around 10 am and headed right back to caesars. i get another action table with this guy to my left raising even more hands than me last night! i decide this is a good table to play passivly at. this guy on my left was so agressive, you could count on him to bet if checked to at least 8 out of 10 times. now alot of people say you want to be on a maniacs left to have the most available information and to be able to smooth call rather than check call, but i say thats [censored]. for one, almost everyone checks to the maniac no matter what they have almost all of the time. hes going to bet, and then they show their true colors when they either raise him or call him. so when your on the right of him you get to see how everyone reacts to his bet before you decide whats best to do. also,you can trap the maximum amount of dead money in the pot before having to define your hand, which will likely knock people out of the hand. anyway i stopped raising and started trapping. didnt win that often, but when i did i won minimum 100 dollar pots, and also managed to double up thru a guy who was pot commited after he check raised the maniac with top pair, top kicker. i moved in and he had to call, even though he knew he was beat. i had a set of 9's. i turned 100 bucks into 700 at that table, and it was all thanks to the maniac who was pushing the action and creating big pots for everyone. he wasnt' a stupid maniac though, and before long had 1200 sitting in front of him. im done playing for today, maybe ill catch another game later on at night. time for drinking, and breasts. but your gonna have to wait for part two to hear about that. im going to tell you guys about hands that are gonna cause your jaws to drop and remain dangling for 30 seconds at least, trust me.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:02 AM

Default Re: ac trip report 10/19

?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:13 AM

cliff notes;
tl;dr
Old 10-23-2007, 04:34 AM

PARAGRAPHS
Old 10-23-2007, 05:26 AM

now those are a lot of words
tl:dr
Old 10-23-2007, 05:46 AM

I read most of it...

Cliff notes
-goes to AC
-does well
-is now going to a strip club
-thinks we are looking forward to part II, which i'd assume will be written without any real paragraph structure as well.
- is mistaken
Old 10-23-2007, 05:48 AM

they spread a 2/5 NL @ Caesar's? If so, as laggy on weekends?
Old 10-23-2007, 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
showing a few junk hands to let them know im an aggressive player. on the 9th hand, the agressive player raised from the third seat to 25 and got called by one of the gamblers immediatly to his left. around to the next gambler in seat 7 , who calls. im on the button with about 200 dollars and look down at 5 5. i go all in for 200 or so. now before you say im an idiot there are a few things i should explain. first off, there was a good chance i had the best hand. the agressive player could have anything and probably wont call me without a premium hand. he's not an idiot so he wont call without at least pocket queens or ace king, which was a very small subset of his raising range. the gamblers would call with more hands, probably as bad as pocket 7's or ace jack, maybe king queen. but again, those hands are a pretty small subset of their calling range, especially given that they know the agressive player will raise with alot of hands and they dont like to be bluffed(gambling players wont be pushed around). anyway, i decided that if i was called by a gambler , i had the best hand about 50% of the time , and could still suckout with a set 16% of the other 50% when they had a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

This post would be incredible if it were a level.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:26 AM

Guessing English wasn't your best subject.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
now they know im capable of stacking off light with pocket 5's preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP