Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Carpal Tunnel

i got it a few years ago in my right hand. so swtiched to mousing lefty. that worked out better for poker, since i could type in bets with my right hand on the numpad

however, just recently, i now have carpal tunnel in both left and right hands. doing some searches returned the mouse linked above, as well as this one http://www.evoluent.com/

i havent played in a few days now.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:02 PM

Guys the normal logitech mice are horrible for your wrists and fingers. Do some research and stop buying the latest and greatest laser mouse that comes out every year. Get either the evoluent (www.evoluent.com) and/or the 3m Ergonomic mouse. Search Amazon for the 3M, it has zero wrist and finger movement, you click with your thumb. The 3m is way better than the evoluent ergonomically because your arm does all the movement, but its optics are not as good. The evoluent does 2600 dpi. I have both and go back and forth. Also, get a left handed mouse (I use the ambidextrous logitech trackball) so you can give your right hand a break. If you type a lot, get an ergonomic keyboard like the microsoft natural.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:05 PM

the evoluent doesnt seem as good, as you still have to grip the mouse between the thumb and other fingers.

the 3m looks good, its like a joystick. although they dont make it for left hand

i think im gonna get this one that was suggested earlier

http://www.aerobicmouse.com/
Old 06-17-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use one of these.

Wrist Brace

They are great. They come in small med and large and left or right handed. I never play without it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a regular wrist brace that I got from Kmart made by Ace that I use. It looks like a wrist guard that you would use for inline skating or something.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:19 PM

this has to help. heart this thing
Old 06-17-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the evoluent doesnt seem as good, as you still have to grip the mouse between the thumb and other fingers.

the 3m looks good, its like a joystick. although they dont make it for left hand

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the evoluent, and it's a joy!
Old 06-17-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not as good as the 3M, but light years better than a standard mouse. The 3M's stick does not move, the sensor is at the bottom and you move the entire thing to move the cursor, theres no wrist movement, thats why its so good.

If you get an evoluent, make sure you get the silver one that just came out, its version 3.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:00 PM

I'm concerned with my right elbow, there isn't much support from my leather chair - the arm support is soft. Are there chairs I can turn to for good elbow support?
Old 06-17-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm concerned with my right elbow, there isn't much support from my leather chair - the arm support is soft. Are there chairs I can turn to for good elbow support?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are plenty, you clearly need one with an adjustable arm rest. Most of the top chairs have independently adjustable arm rests that go up and down, side to side, and swivel. You need it even height with your desk so your arm doesn't hang off. The Aeron, the Leap Chair, and the Nightengale CXO all come to mind for this.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:35 PM

Shouldn't increased sensitivity help this problem? I can reach every corner of my screens by moving my mouse in a .5"x1.25" rectangle, basically I just use my fingers to move the mouse.