Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 10-24-2006, 09:11 PM

Default Blind defence

Raiser is well-known to me, 26/13/2.2 over more than a thousand hands. I know he will raise light on occasion. At this table he has raised the last three hands and just about every time he has opened the betting.

Villain is new to me but he's going 79/13/2.75 over about 20 hands.

The plan is to coolcall the raise and C/R steal on the flop if it looks like it won't have helped raiser. I don't think villain has hit the flop at all but when he calls the turn bet, I'm not putting more money in unimproved. Thoughts on all streets?

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, CO folds.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7.75BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Results:
Final pot: 7.75BB
Old 10-24-2006, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Blind defence

I would have folded preflop. J8o isn't a great defending hand.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have folded preflop. J8o isn't a great defending hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy is raising *everything* though. It's actually a bit out of character for him. Ordinarily, I fold it too.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:35 PM

Since your known villian will raise 13% of hands preflop doesn't that make his entire range stronger than your hand? With no reads on the other villian don't you have to assume his hand is stronger than J8o?

When you bluff with basically air do you generally toss it in to multiple players with probable stronger hands?

IMO fold preflop. Defend another time.

As played fold the flop. (It didn't hit your hand. You are bluffing two people with air)

As played check /fold the turn

River is fine. IMHO
Old 10-24-2006, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since your known villian will raise 13% of hands preflop doesn't that make his entire range stronger than your hand? With no reads on the other villian don't you have to assume his hand is stronger than J8o?

[/ QUOTE ]

But I do have a read. He has raised the last three hands and is raising *every time* it is folded to him. It is out of character for him because he clearly does not raise with this range all the time.

[ QUOTE ]
When you bluff with basically air do you generally toss it in to multiple players with probable stronger hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

If CO had called the flop, I would have been done with it. I didn't think the other guy necessarily had a stronger hand.

[ QUOTE ]
IMO fold preflop. Defend another time.

As played fold the flop. (It didn't hit your hand. You are bluffing two people with air)

[/ QUOTE ]

I am bluffing a PFR who I can be almost certain missed the flop and a guy who has mostly missed it too.

I would mostly fold this preflop. Agreed. But once I'm here, surely this is a good spot to have a tilt?
Old 10-24-2006, 09:51 PM

I can appreciate what you are thinking but I think his previous actions are a predictor of his range, not his specific holding. Therefor you should at least have a hand that can compete in his range. Has he (they) really been aggressive with weaker hands than J8o. I'm not saying saying don't sting him but I would wait for a better spot/
Old 10-24-2006, 09:53 PM

despite all the info given I still fold this preflop and I wait for a better spot. Ive learnt the hard way that trying to outplay lags with junk costs me money, especially when OOP.

also just because he raised the last 3 times doesnt mean he flipped his "Im a total tard" switch as he might have actually gotten decent raising hands.

as an aside whenever I get 3 or so raising hands in a row I find that people start to make loose calls of my 3rd4th raise... on a good day my first 2 were steals and by the time they decide Im FOS and call Ive got rocket rockets and win a big pot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

edit: miles caught my typo b4 I did so I aint gunna fix it. meh...rocket rockets are the new pocket rockets dont you know.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:58 PM

1. this isnt a blind defense
2. fold preflop
3. the pfr folded the flop and you got COLDCALLED ON A PAIRED BOARD. STOP BLUFFING IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN NOT WIN THIS HAND WITHOUT IMPROVING!!!!!! CHECKFOLD THE TURN IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!

edit: ALSO [ QUOTE ]
rocket rockets

[/ QUOTE ]lol
Old 10-24-2006, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. this isnt a blind defense
2. fold preflop
3. the pfr folded the flop and you got COLDCALLED ON A PAIRED BOARD. STOP BLUFFING IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN NOT WIN THIS HAND WITHOUT IMPROVING!!!!!! CHECKFOLD THE TURN IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I probably should have. The retard rivered me.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:29 PM

this isnt really a blind defense with utg open limping. as such i would fold pf.

if it had been folded to the stealer i would probably take your line.