Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2006, 12:50 AM

Default Venetian Poker Questions

Hello Everyone,
My name is Lee Vinocur, Poker Room Manager at The Venetian. I just wanted to make myself available to answer any questions related to the room or staff. While we the management staff run the operation, we understand that the room is driven by you the players who fill our seats everyday. That being said I want to hear any suggestions you might have to make this the most successful room in Las Vegas. While we may not be able to accommodate all of your requests we will try to give you a reason for everything we do. Thank you.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Venetian Poker Questions

Hi Everyone:

Just so there is no confusion Lee Vinocur is the Poker Room Manager at the Venetian. (Kathy Raymond is the Director of Poker Operations.)

This is a great opportunity for us on these boards to have our voice heard in a major poker room. So I encourage everyone with an interest to either ask questions or make suggestions concerning the Venetian Poker Room to do so here.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 06-11-2006, 01:13 AM

this may seem immature and somewhat off topic, but what's up with the smell?
Old 06-11-2006, 01:22 AM

Mr. Vinocur,

First this is really cool that you're coming on here to answer questions...I have only three questions regarding your room because after 2 weeks of playing there regularly, I have since stopped.

1. What is the deal with the very very potent air freshener?

2. Why with sometimes 15-18 names on a list do your floormen refuse to start new 2/5NL games? (with dealers standing by)

3. Why is the list only on the outside and is interrupted every 5 seconds by 30 seconds of bad beat jackpot advertisements? The only way I can see where my name is on the list is when I come behind the main podium and ask the brush.

ok thanks
Old 06-11-2006, 01:31 AM

Thanks Lee and welcome to 2+2!

FWIW, I've put in 90+ hours at the V in May and have over 30 hours in June (as I write this).

1) Is it true that the comps are $2 per hour in June like they were in May (a carry over)?

2) Why was I paid less then a dollar per hour (in comps) for more then one session (one session over 7 hours long) in the month of May?

Every floorperson I talked to said the computer made NO sense for the hours I put in. BUT that NO ONE knows how to fix the situation. That's what I was told by more then one floor and brush.

3) I've been told by many that the Venetian is putting in several players in the big freeroll that do NOT have hours logged in the Venetian poker room. I'm hearing this everywhere I go. At first I thought, "No Way". But now I wonder?

4) Last week, many 2+2ers and regular Venetian poker players wanted to start a stud game. We were told to go to table X and the game would start. No stud game going yet (It's about 3:32 pm).

All of us players are there ready to play. At a table next to ours there are a bunch of poker dealers with nothing to do (but wait for games to start, I would think).

IMO, it took Way, Way TOO long to get a dealer to the game. Made no sense to any of us.

With so many dealers in the room, we just did not understand this (I could understand if you were short dealers).

Welcome to 2+2 Lee. You have a very nice room with some great employees overall.

Best of luck on your poker room!

Howard
Old 06-11-2006, 07:24 AM

I'm putting the over/under on Lee's replies to this thread at 6½, before he runs off into the night, screaming, overwhelmed by nit-picky posts from players who feel they had to wait too long for their free drink to arrive, and when it finally did arrive, the ice wasn't cold enough.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:51 AM

1. Two air freshener posts in one night. Honestly being there for so long I don't smell it myself, but I will certainly check with the Hotel Manager and see how many people are compaining about this. Hopefully we can change the scent or at least tone it down.
2. With regards to this question it depends upon the situation. It is obviously better for us to open as many games as possible for revenue, however if we have 5 or more of a certain limit going, the list moves quite fast. There have been situations where we have pushed to open a game and then multiple seats open elsewhere and games get shorthanded. Also sometimes the names on the list are phone-ins and they are not present in the room. But if there were 15-18 bodies in the room and we didn't call down the list we failed.
3. We are installing two 40 inch LCD screens that will face inside the room to show the list. They have been ordered and should be in place by June 26th. The bad beat jackpot announcement drives me crazy too. The QueueOS programmer is out of town and will fix it when he returns. Just so you know, the timer is currently set to show the list for 30 seconds and the jackpot for ten. As we get busy throughout the day and add a second and third page to the list this is when that problem is magnified. We're on it.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:02 AM

Hi Lee....welcome to 2+2. I'll be staying at the Venetian this summer for a few weeks as usual and am happy theres finally poker available there.
My question is , can I just phone down to reserve a seat at a specific limit and get a call back to my room when one opens up?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:06 AM

Lee,
Good to see you are opening a new line of communication to the players.
I know from experience you are open to suggestions and listen to players when you have time in the room.

A few thoughts here:
1.Make it easier for the players to find games such as
a.All 2/5 games should be down the same line of tables and across the right front of the room
b.All 1/2 games should be down the second row
c.All 3/6 limit should be down the next row
This would make it much easier for players to walk in the room, find the games they want to play and look over the table.
Also the floor could take a quick glance down each row to see what seats are open for each game.

2.Swipe –out
a.The second podium should swipe players out. This will help clear the check in area.
3.Games: To make this room an OVER THE TOP ROOM I think if 10 players want to start game ABC every effort should be made to do this.
a.I hear a lot of players asking for a KILL GAME
b.I hear players asking for a 10-20 game, they are used to this limit from the mid-west and back east.
Don O
p.s. The air stuff is better then some SMELLY PLAYER SITTING NEXT TO ME
Old 06-11-2006, 11:44 AM

I play for the first time this week at the Venetian. I never did notice the air freshener smell. I had a very pleasant experience.