Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-15-2007, 02:32 AM

Default loose peels in blind steal

let's say you have 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and open otb, only BB calls.
BB is 30/20 tag, no other reads.

the game is full tilt, $8/$16. your image is that of a normal 30/20 tag with ASB of 45%.

Flop is: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

case 1:
he c/r's, do you peel?

case 2:
you peeled his flop c/r and the turn comes 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], do you call his c-bet?

case 3:
he actually only c/c's the flop but the turn comes 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and he c/r's your c-bet, do you call (let's not debate the initial bet)?
Old 11-15-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: loose peels in blind steal

Id rather 3 bet or call and raise the turn than just peel here. I mean, we dont even have a BDFD or overcards to middle pair. I'd probably fold QdJd too. Is that a mistake?

Case 2: No, id give you 5 outs max and we dont have odds to peel.

Case 3: I'm checking this turn so I never get into this spot. I really doubt he's folding here unless you've seen him make some really loose peels.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:18 AM

Case 1. No peel. We have bad potodds, are probably behind and we could be drawing almost dead against overpairs(unlikely though as BB would have reraise preflop). Even if we hit how will we play it and how much will we gain IF we are really ahead when we hit: I think not much but it can cost us. Give it up. Your steal didn't succeed you lost this time.

2) This gave us some real outs but we still do not have odds to call. Let it be and fold.

3) I do not call and I don't really know if I would continuebet. With A-high and better I would against a passive villain but against an aggro who we couldn't steal from preflop and flop and no clear draws. It is time to give it up.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:27 AM

btw i instafold all of them, because i always fold everything. but a good player i know (let's not name names [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) suggested that they might be worth a call.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:51 AM

Depends a bit on dynamics

You dont have odds to just peel and improve. I mean if you want to continue here profitably its because you believe you can pick up the pot on certain turn cards - maybe river cards.

So if I continue here I will be looking to pop any A, 3, 4, 8 and 9 turn because I believe he is folding either a low pair or he is on a bluff himself on this bluff friendly board.

Case 3) Not sure I bet again after he peeled this flop. LAGTAGs dont peel this flop a lot intending to fold turn UI. I mean, I do it sometimes. But usually when people peel here they have a marginal hand that wants to SD or they are getting trikxy with TP+
Old 11-15-2007, 04:51 AM

I don't think we can peel for odds on any of these, so if we peel we need to think we have some restealing equity. Some TAGs will c/r alot of air on these flops, but we don't have that read, and this is the bottom of our range, so I don't think we can profitably carry on.

I think interesting questions are what are we doing with Ax here, and how often are we gonna attempt to resteal?
Old 11-15-2007, 04:59 AM

With a hand like Ax and QJdd as Nina mentiones I am inclined to see a SD unless the board gets really coordinated like K9762 or something.

Folding QJdd on this flop to a c/r is mistake IMO.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:03 AM

Interesting with Ax I think. Well, if we resteal we should 3bet the flop and bet the turn if we are not resisted. If he still hangs around we are beat. How often we should do this depends a lot on our history with Villain hand how often he goes to showdown.

If villain is the type who calls down everypair then it is not a resteal but then we are valuebetting.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:05 AM

I dont think you should resteal with Ax.

Villain prolly isnt folding a better hand and you let him get away from his complete bluff with T7o
Old 11-15-2007, 05:07 AM

I agree I wouldn't fold QJ to a flop c/r, but can we really see a SD? I would rather raise or fold the turn in case he has Ax.