Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 12:04 PM

Default 2/4 B&M - Preflop with AQo; cap in 7 handed pot?

2/4 B&M, 10 players, loose & passive

Hero is UTG with AQo and 2bets. 3 coldcallers, CO 3bets (likes to gambooool but will also reraise great hands unlike some passives who will simply coldcall) then 2 more coldcoldcallers. With 7 players going to the flop does Hero have enough equity with AQo to cap? Also, if capping, is Hero then obliged to c-bet the flop into the world even when whiffing?

GcluelessnoobG
Old 11-09-2007, 12:50 PM

Default Re: 2/4 B&M - Preflop with AQo; cap in 7 handed pot?

I would not cap with AQo.

If you connect with the flop, then definitely bet and/or raise, but I would not cbet the flop. The pot here is big. Nobody is folding anything for one bet on the flop. Even if you completely miss the flop, you will probably have pot odds to call one bet with your overcards, and it is not the end of the world if it gets checked around.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:03 PM

I agree with mikeca. I see no point in capping PF. Yes, you might have some equity, but you could also be dominated by AK, or, more likely, be drawing to few outs from all the typical Ace-rag play. Also, since you are in No Fold'em Land, you need to hit something to win.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:16 PM

AQo 7 ways is ugly. Just call the 3 bet and hope you hit the flop. Live 3-bettors usually have quality cards - like QQ+ - and even gambooolers will rarely do this with less than a pocket pair or big suited connector. A c-bet on a whiffed flop is throwing money away. The pot is huge and anyone who hit any part of the flop isn't going to fold. Don't do it.