Default Re: TT 3way action, turn decision

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTN seemed fairly passive

I checked the turn, BTN checked

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, I check again [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], BTN checks

[/ QUOTE ]

NIT! Although you explained ti yourself. AA has the relative hand strength of TT on the turn, and I'm ALWAYS taking button to valuetown.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah

SB had 77 .. not sure how I feel about his flop play OOP
BTN had 22

I doubt SB puts anymore in, BTN likely calls a turn bet, and folds the river, but you never know with superloose guys

this hand was one where I checked too quick on the turn, instead of thinking the hand through, although given the combined ranges they have its prob not a massive mistake checking
Old 04-21-2007, 05:18 PM

hahaha ok ok, I've called a few of your flop cbets OOP... Its not like I never give you respect hahah...

My thought range in the hand was that... If I boost the flop on you, you will usually 3bet most over pairs on me here and that is gross for me. Also, its beyond you to 3bet a lot of hands I beat hahah. I thought that by just smooth calling the flop it will give me the best estimate of where I stand in the hand come the turn, even if a card like an A or K comes on the turn, I still think its a better line then putting in action on the flop against an agressive player like you, where its easy that I could have been pushed off a winner or be forced into a difficult turn situation HU with you if u just called my flop raise or donk.. Also, I felt it would be unlikely that you would ever double barrel w/ air any turn into that awful button and me in the sb, because my flop smooth call can look very suspicious. Honest to god if you bet the turn I was folding...

I think I could value town the river though, I have to think about paying it off before I fold and I think button looks you up every time assuming turn went check check and river you bet.

But, I really think you should have bet the turn, I'm not going to bluff c/r that often as you hand looks fairly strong if you bet this turn and usually if I do raise you here its a real hand, and I think button calls with such a huge range here that you are way ahead of that a bet on the turn is ok as long as your easily able to dump it to a raise from either player.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hahaha ok ok, I've called a few of your flop cbets OOP... Its not like I never give you respect hahah...

[/ QUOTE ]

it was mostly joking around, the time you c/c c/f I had a set and was thinking for a second that I had you in a setup again, my style tends to have trouble when people aren't giving me credit, the stars game plays weak/tight very frequently and often I get on a roll of just picking pot after pot up uncontested

I think you are one of the best players in the stars .5/1 game, I've just been on the good side of things lately, you do make me work harder than a lot of the regulars do

[ QUOTE ]
But, I really think you should have bet the turn, I'm not going to bluff c/r that often as you hand looks fairly strong if you bet this turn and usually if I do raise you here its a real hand, and I think button calls with such a huge range here that you are way ahead of that a bet on the turn is ok as long as your easily able to dump it to a raise from either player.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I agree with that

[ QUOTE ]
because my flop smooth call can look very suspicious

[/ QUOTE ]

this was part of the reason I froze up

[ QUOTE ]
because I felt it would be unlikely that you would ever double barrel w/ air any turn into that awful button and me in the sb

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe on a card that looks scary to you guys, but definitely not on a turn 3
Old 04-21-2007, 08:13 PM

Yea, I really think the turn is a tough spot for you to bet again w/ any holding...

I think you have to though just because of how awful button is, and like I said if he raises its an easy fold, and If i raise I still think its a fold, but not as clear cut.

So yea its a tough turn spot.

I think you should have fired the river though...A lot of worse hands you will get calls from there from button, and a bluff raise really wasn't in his arsenal hahah..

Haha, Yea i hate having you in my games and you always seem to get sat to my left too...
Old 04-21-2007, 08:15 PM

Yea, I try and "float" a lot of the more agressive players a lot, however, most of them shutdown on the turn or just give up when someone calls thier flop bets, so pots are easy to take away on the turn...Your too good for that haha