Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 10:20 PM

Default AQ up the wazoo

Villain1 calls down with anything. Villain2 is aggressive and will bet any draw and most pairs. I've noticed though that he'll call a raise if he doesn't have a made hand. He's willing to bluff quite liberally too.

My strategy with this flop is to raise and induce a fold or two. On V2's three-bet, I figure him for something strong. On this coordinated board, I'm really not liking my hand much. I like it a little bit more on the turn. I'm probably behind to a flush now and of course the flopped straight could be there, but at least I have outs to the boat.

The river was horrible, but with my read on Villain2, I figured I had to call even though I'm nearly always beaten by him. I've taken to discounting all-in players because so often the fish will go all-in with completely random [censored] because it's their last dollar so I ignored the all-in guy. When the other guy raised, I was done though. The only question for me was whether I should have folded to the first bet, given that I didn't close the action, or was it worth risking that bet?

PokerRoom 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 (Villain1)/ calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB (Villain2) calls.

Flop: (13 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, Villain1 calls, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villain2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Villain1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain2 bets</font>, Hero calls, Villain1 calls, Button calls $0.40 (All-In).

River: (16.30 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Villain1 raises</font>, Villain2 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 21.30 BB
Old 06-19-2006, 10:51 PM

Default Re: AQ up the wazoo

fold the river. with 3 opponents, the chances that one of them has a spade would be pretty high. you're almost never a winner with this hand, but if you like to gamble, by all means call