FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Contest Parameters
Smoked Bacon Only 12 48.00%
Any Bacon Cut (unsmoked/pancetta) 7 28.00%
Let Analyst Decide 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2007, 06:13 AM

Default Re: Official Party Regulars Thread

Back to the ratholing problem, I'm still sending emails to my host and abuse@partypoker.com. This is the latest one I wrote, I hope everyone is still fighting this.

"Hi

I regularly play the $10/20 and $25/$50 no-limit games and after reviewing my play I see that the short stackers or 'ratholers' are taking a significant percent of my winnings. Also it is well known that the good professional ratholers destroy the games because we are forced to open raise a tighter range when a short stack is left to act. This tightens up the games and makes them a lot less interesting and profitable for everyone.

I am currently on a 100k downswing which is painful enough by itself, so having moved down to $5/$10 to try and rebuild my bankroll i'm faced with ratholers on almost every table, all day! Poker Isn't fun anymore and I'm seriously considering moving my money to another site to start over. What is Party poker going to do to improve the situation in the NEAR future? I realise one small measure has been taken - the 20min delay in returning to the table with a min buy-in. This is only a drop in the ocean compared to what needs to be done.

Thanks for your time,

XXXXXXXX"
Old 10-29-2007, 06:18 AM

hahahahahahhaaha whoa this is priceless!!!!!!!!!!! You want Party to get rid of players who beat you? bahahahahahahahhahahaaa!!!!!. I've heard it all. How about Party just cultivates a list of players you can beat. It's a game. You're losing. Improve or move down.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:30 AM

Your actually right that the debases his arguments by talking about losing. He would do better by sticking to the relevant facts: It's well established that "perfect" shortstack play is achievable and non-exploitable. This is the reason that people don't like it - not because they can't beat it, but because it makes the game mechanical & uninteresting and makes tighter & straightfoward preflop play correct. Furthermore, ratholing is obviously completely unethical.

Tbh I don't see a problem with deep and short tables (no ratholing), so that everyone can be happy.

Now stfu unless you have something useful to say.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's well established that "perfect" deepstack play is achievable and non-exploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-29-2007, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your actually right that the debases his arguments by talking about losing. He would do better by sticking to the relevant facts: It's well established that "perfect" shortstack play is achievable and non-exploitable. This is the reason that people don't like it - not because they can't beat it, but because it makes the game mechanical & uninteresting and makes tighter & straightfoward preflop play correct. Furthermore, ratholing is obviously completely unethical.

Tbh I don't see a problem with deep and short tables (no ratholing), so that everyone can be happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is def right. There is no point in referring to reduced profits as an argumant. PP don't owe anyone a living but they should respond if a good proportion of players dislike a practice that is unethical and destroys the game. I really think that increasing the buyin to 30bb would make a huge difference and that's what I'd like to see, rather than split tables (otherwise these [censored] ratholers would just play against other ratholers and the millions of short stack fish).
Old 10-29-2007, 06:35 AM

Most shortstackers play roughly 10% of hands and raise 10% pf. Most deep-stacks are involved in twice as many hands.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:37 AM

Oh rats, I guess it doesn't pay to be honest in this line of business.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is def right. There is no point in referring to reduced profits as an argumant. PP don't owe anyone a living but they should respond if a good proportion of players dislike a practice that is unethical and destroys the game. I really think that increasing the buyin to 30bb would make a huge difference and that's what I'd like to see, rather than split tables (otherwise these [censored] ratholers would just play against other ratholers and the millions of short stack fish).

[/ QUOTE ]

It's impossible to "rathole" at Party. People are under no obligation to stay at a table. They can leave when they like.

The thing I've found with most players if they are never as good as they think they are. There are some good shortstackers, but most of them are terrible.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:44 AM

Shut up, nobody cares what you have to say.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:46 AM

ok this is really dull now OYB, surely you have better things to do than troll? I gave a pretty balanced viewpoint. Please be equally constructive or stfu.