Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 06:42 AM

Default Re: View: Guy is the nicest guy on the planet (or the dumbest)

all,

the link was up this morning, it's no longer up. maybe it will be on pokertube, maybe it is somewhere in the depths of youtube, maybe you will have to wait. who knows?
Old 11-22-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"This is what poker has come to.." Doyle

"Pathetic" is all I can say if the story is true. I lost all my respect for DB. If you cant afford to lose, dont play...
Obviously DB wouldnt`ve let GL off the hook and they'd have prolly made fun of this "fish Guy L" after the show...
The only thing that shows is that Guy outclasses DB in life BIG TIMS, cause he knows as well that he wont get this treatment if it`s the other way around...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wooo for making insulting judgements of someone's character based on zero evidence!

DB is a professional poker player, of course he would not make the same offer if it was the other way round. Laliberte is a billionaire who plays for fun and decided not to take 600k from someone who it seemed like it would really hurt. Guy made the offer and DB took it because it was insanely +EV. Is he supposed to turn it down just because running a 1.2m pot will make him seem cool and degen and gambl00r and be 'real poker'? Your post is idiotic from beginning to end.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:42 AM

deleted
Old 11-22-2007, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"This is what poker has come to.." Doyle

"Pathetic" is all I can say if the story is true. I lost all my respect for DB. If you cant afford to lose, dont play...
Obviously DB wouldnt`ve let GL off the hook and they`d have prolly made fun of this "fish Guy L" after the show...
The only thing that shows is that Guy outclasses DB in life BIG TIMS, cause he knows as well that he wont get this treatment if it`s the other way around...

[/ QUOTE ]

you are [censored] stupid.

benyamine has balls of steel. he asks guy how many times he wants to run it, guy says once, benyamine SAYS OK, guy asks him if he wants to run it more times, benyamine says ONE IS FINE, then guy makes him a ridiculous offer and benyamine accepts because he doesn't hate money.

benyamine is obv a huuuuge degen but he doesn't say anything about running it more times, he's fine with running it once for 1.2mm, he is just a flat out sick gambler.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. you realize that david had to accept WHATEVER guy decided? he was the huge favourite in that hand, so he could do whatever he wanted to. "balls of steel"? lol once more. look at benyamine´s face once guy turns over his cards and you see a man who´s really puking at the mess his own degeneracy has caused him (again and again and again). i like david, he seems like a really nice person and a sick gambler obv, but i don´t get why he instantly accepted the offer - except when none of the money was his.

he had to think about all the consequences BEFORE shoving into a loose passive fish who had shown massive strength. he had to accept each and every outcome once all the money was on the line. otherwise he shouldn´t be called "professional poker player".
Old 11-22-2007, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PM Link please.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-22-2007, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone has a link to the espisode and they could pm it to me i would be grateful and owe you one.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-22-2007, 08:33 AM

There is a link on this page of this thread. About halfway down.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It was pretty sick. I agree with Shane, I think the show is turning into a joke.

a) you have people running boards 4 times in what looks like an attempt to almost totally iron out variance

b) people are getting let off the hook

I mean, if David didn't want to lose his 600k, then fine, play like Antonio's playing. Raising all in on a draw after Guy (to whom money isn't a factor) makes a massive reraise is a massive risk, which a massive potential reward (taking down 170k+ in profit uncontested).

As someone said, if Guy folded, would David have given him his money back, for the foundation? No.

They should have just run it three times, which would have probably ended up with guy taking down 2/3 of the pot, leaving DB on 400k. This would have been a blow, but still would have been a legitimate hand that could have still been affected by variance.

I think Guy just felt bad after he said 'once'. He saw David's face. Degenyamine didn't seem to be wanting to beg for it, so I think what happened was Guy decided to let him off the hook without forcing him to take a pride hit by having to ask to run it 2+ times himself.

I really hope for the sake of the show this doesn't happen again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great Post,as this show has come down to just what it is......Television!

It has taken the concept of being a TRUE HS game to one where DB in this episode,and Gold last week look like the true SCARED degenerate gamblers they really are begging for an "out"

Disgusting [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
deleted

[/ QUOTE ]

Yesssssssssssss [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 08:51 AM

What the hell is wrong with most of you, how can you criticise Benyamine for that?

Guy suggested running it twice or more than once and Benyamine said thats fine, and Guy wouldnt let it go coz he knew how much 600,000 means to benyamine.

Benyamine even manages to laugh at the pot hopefully not being his life, and i dont think any of you could be laughing about that with that much money on the line being a dog in the pot.

So what if he accepted the offer, why wouldnt he? He was still happy to run it once if Guy hadn't offered that. I didnt even think benyamine looked that sick, but many props to guy thats the nicest gesture probably ever in high stakes poker