Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 10:18 AM

Default AKo and capped 5 ways PF

I'm not worried about button since he has been calling down with any part of the flop, but BB seems like he's been waiting for a premium hand

Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...?</font>
Old 11-08-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: AKo and capped 5 ways PF

Hmm. I cap and slowdown if BB donks or c/r:s turn.

Button offers us some overlay I don't think he'll fold if he was willing to call the initial raise.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:32 AM

Given your read, villain has either AA (3 combos), KK (1 combo), AK (6 combos) or KQs (2 combos). Since you're only beating two of villain's possible hands and losing to four of them, I just call down.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:54 AM

You're usually either chopping or badly beaten, start calling down.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:07 AM

The best thing what u up ahead is AK. A BB raiser is a very strong move preflop. I think capping is not the right thing to do if the others will call. Or u can cap it ofcourse when they are weak/passive.

Flop: He got Aces or trips kings. definlity. He is protecting his hand here. Either way u should call here. He can make a move like this from the BB with pocket queens.

Since u got no reads u will be better of when think he is a good player then u wont make a mistake like raising this.
I mean Do you 3 bet KQs from the BB With already a utg+1 raiser, i dont think so..

if he is making moves like a donkey with PP queens, make a note. U should call this down in this big pot. See what will bring, maybe he is stuppid enough and so not u got value information. only when a king comes on turn or river u raise this(naturaly)..
Old 11-08-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think bb is capping preflop, leading and 3 betting this flop with?

Just show it down cheap.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just show it down cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Although my first thought was to cap the flop. I thought capping would charge Button the most for staying in with any draw or middle pair - or maybe blow him out of the hand and get it HU. But then, especially based on your read - I couldn't find a hand that we are ahead of...at all. It's only AA/KK/AK - and if he knows how Button is playing, and depending on his read on you - maybe he would raise KQs PF like this. But that may be wishful thinking.

So, given that the best we are hoping for is likely a chop - maybe we don't wan't to blow Button out by capping the flop. Let him stay in and make our chop more profitable. Call down it is, imo.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just show it down cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hero capped it preflop.

BB I expect to have the aforementioned AA/KK/AK the vast majority of the time based on flop donk 3bet. KQs or QQ is a distant possibility.

My initial reason for capping was to extract value from BTN. I don't expect him to fold here in this gigantic pot if he was willing to call a raise already. Also, if the extra SB we put in now improves our equity in this huge pot even a little bit the raise is good (BTN folds a live hand or something).

However, I can see the merits in just calling down as well. And if we cap the better option would probably be to take a cheap showdown if it's HU on the turn.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:25 PM

I'd call it down. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My initial reason for capping was to extract value from BTN. I don't expect him to fold here in this gigantic pot if he was willing to call a raise already. Also, if the extra SB we put in now improves our equity in this huge pot even a little bit the raise is good (BTN folds a live hand or something).

However, I can see the merits in just calling down as well. And if we cap the better option would probably be to take a cheap showdown if it's HU on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we are badly behind to two outs or less, a raise is pushing value toward BB's equity. Folding out the overlay on a chop is sometimes bad as well.