Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Going to the Bronx = imminent danger?

[ QUOTE ]
just wear normal clothes and act like a normal person.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think this will work. They can smell fear.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are a moron - sorry dude

just wear normal clothes and act like a normal person. wearing red sox clothing to a game the red sox aren't even playing is asking to get your ass kicked/beer thrown on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, fair enough. This was indeed the question.

Still wondering if it might be just a little fun as well as moronic, though.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

just wear normal clothes and act like a normal person. wearing red sox clothing to a game the red sox aren't even playing is asking to get your ass kicked/beer thrown on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

pure class.

i've worn my red sox hat to games at yankee stadium that didnt involve the red sox. sure, some people felt the need to taunt or make comments, but nobody tried to pick a fight with me (although, thats mostly because Y.S. is filled with all talk/no action folks).

wear your colors and be happy about it. i'm sure there will be red sox fans there that day along with you.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:07 PM

I have a 46 game plan in the rf bleechers
Your in no physical danger but expect to get yelled and cursed at a lot. (if this was 10 years ago you WOULD be in physical danger)
Some idiots might throw peanuts at you or somehting. If that happens I suggest you wait till the ninth inning and beat the [censored] out of them.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pure class.

(although, thats mostly because Y.S. is filled with all talk/no action folks).

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm these statements don't seem to fit together - ducy?

i'm just saying what my perception of the situation is. why would you wear the colors of a team that's not playing to the game? imo, it's retarded. wearing the rival's team triply so. either you're trying to prove something or looking to pick a fight. saying 'i just want to support my team!' sounds delusional.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Your in no physical danger but expect to get yelled and cursed at a lot. (if this was 10 years ago you WOULD be in physical danger)
Some idiots might throw peanuts at you or somehting. If that happens I suggest you wait till the ninth inning and beat the [censored] out of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly, I've been harassed more in the Skydome for no good reason whatsoever than I have in visiting ballparks when one could argue that I was at least tacitly instigating. I agree with Triumph that there's something flagrant/stupid about pulling out the gear when the Sox aren't even playing, but that's just part of the gig.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:16 PM

Take out some nice life insurance before you're going if you're sitting in the bleachers, else you have nothing to worry about.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pure class.

(although, thats mostly because Y.S. is filled with all talk/no action folks).

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm these statements don't seem to fit together - ducy?

i'm just saying what my perception of the situation is. why would you wear the colors of a team that's not playing to the game? imo, it's retarded. wearing the rival's team triply so. either you're trying to prove something or looking to pick a fight. saying 'i just want to support my team!' sounds delusional.

[/ QUOTE ]

look, i like to watch baseball as much as the next guy, and take the game as seriously as anybody, but the mere fact that the guy has to wonder if he is in physical danger because a couple new yorkers might be too insecure for good natured ribbing is what is wrong with this whole picture.

if he was sitting next to me in fenway park as a jays fan in a yankees hat, i would think he was kind of a dick, but i wouldnt punch him [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2007, 04:20 PM

If I were a Yankees fan, I would be a lot more pissed at a guy wearing Sox stuff to a non-Sox game. It's just really attention -whorish.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:21 PM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly, I've been harassed more in the Skydome for no good reason whatsoever than I have in visiting ballparks when one could argue that I was at least tacitly instigating. I agree with Triumph that there's something flagrant/stupid about pulling out the gear when the Sox aren't even playing, but that's just part of the gig.

[/ QUOTE ]

last week, bosox were playing the yankees, while i was in cambridge, ma. i chose to watch the game outside some convenience store in H-square, b/c they had an HD screen in the window. 50 or so people were standing next to me. atmosphere was lively. every passerby would check the score, make a comment, watch a minute or so, and kindly walk around the crowd rather than in front of the tv.

then damon punched a 2-run single into RF. i was pretty damn excited and clapped my hands. i got a lot of looks and a "who was that?!" yell from the crowd. fortunately for me, i was saved when another yankee fan (this time actually wearing a hat) started cheering in a loud manner "GO JOHNNY!!!". that guy was not-so-politely asked to leave.

this was essentially an innocent scenario. i imagine it would be MUCH worse if i was on a landsdowne st bar, or in the bleachers. btw, i don't expect a red sox fan to get better treatment in a yankee bar or in the yankee stadium bleachers.

don't be an idiot and don't antagonize fans of the other team.