Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Gambler2k4 update

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well I said in a different thread that if he wasn't broke after a few weeks at 5/10nl I'd eat my shorts...lol. Funny (or not so funny) thing is is that this jackass has absolutely pwned me over the past 2 weeks. He has coolered me so many freakin times it's silly. I have played several thousand hands with him. He loves to think he's a LAG when against me as I am pretty loose. He 3 bets me constatnly. He must have F***ing scannnng hole cards software as I have s*** evertime he reraises me. Oh well. I'm up 20k on the month and he's down 35..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Very classy.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT although I am not saying I am a Gambler2k4 fan or anything [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POKERSTARS GAME #10280080997: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($1/$2) - 2007/06/05 - 05:20:59 (ET)
Table 'Alioth II' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: bpm014 ($65.45 in chips)
Seat 2: Leatherass9 ($253.30 in chips)
Seat 3: futuredoc85 ($284.95 in chips)
Seat 4: SFCellman ($71.25 in chips)
Seat 5: bigjuicy1 ($195.80 in chips)
Seat 6: FISH_30 ($51 in chips)
SFCellman: posts small blind $1
bigjuicy1: posts big blind $2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to futuredoc85 [Qs Qh]
FISH_30: calls $2
bpm014: folds
Leatherass9: raises $8 to $10
futuredoc85: raises $20 to $30
SFCellman: folds
bigjuicy1: folds
FISH_30: folds
Leatherass9: raises $80 to $110
futuredoc85: raises $174.95 to $284.95 and is all-in
Leatherass9: calls $143.30 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [8s Qc 6d]
*** TURN *** [8s Qc 6d] [6c]
*** RIVER *** [8s Qc 6d 6c] [Tc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Leatherass9: shows [Qd Ad] (two pair, Queens and Sixes)
futuredoc85: shows [Qs Qh] (a full house, Queens full of Sixes)
futuredoc85 collected $508.60 from pot
Old 06-11-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in reply to a post I made about how the games are significantly more difficult now that they were a year ago:

[ QUOTE ]

The fact is 5/10 NL is the exact same as it was last year on pokerstars at least. Trust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I hate Gambler he is actually right. Pokerstars 5/10 and 3/6 games are pretty much the same from a year and a half ago as i've been playing them for that long and have not noticed any real change.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree strongly. You may not have noticed it much since you've been in the game as it's slowly adapting. 5/10 is significantly tougher than it was even 6 months ago, when I started playing.

I played with G2K4 pretty recently and I think he's gotten worse and everyone else has gotten better. Hence, consistent, big losing days.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:56 AM

nh futuredoc. ship that pepper jack
Old 06-11-2007, 10:57 AM

I've been following the leatherass blog closely. I can't put my finger on it exactly but I've found myself kinda wanting him to lose just because he feels he has a divine right to win. He had made his 256th consecutive whiny post and I tried to suggest maybe the games are tougher than they were and maybe he is simply not playing as well.
This was dismissed out of sight.

Interesting HH futuredoc.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in reply to a post I made about how the games are significantly more difficult now that they were a year ago:

[ QUOTE ]

The fact is 5/10 NL is the exact same as it was last year on pokerstars at least. Trust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I hate Gambler he is actually right. Pokerstars 5/10 and 3/6 games are pretty much the same from a year and a half ago as i've been playing them for that long and have not noticed any real change.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree strongly. You may not have noticed it much since you've been in the game as it's slowly adapting. 5/10 is significantly tougher than it was even 6 months ago, when I started playing.

I played with G2K4 pretty recently and I think he's gotten worse and everyone else has gotten better. Hence, consistent, big losing days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw I disagree man. Even back a year and a half ago when I first started playing, 5/10 and 3/6 on stars were both pretty tough. You were lucky if there were 3 average players out of 9. Usually there were only 1-2.

The same is true today, there are still 1-2 average players and the rest are good/great players.

That said it aint that hard to beat, you just have to be good/great and play smart.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:21 AM

I think it's all relative. We remember them to be very tough (which I would agree with) but put those same players of 18 months ago in today's games, and they would be weak spots. I'm sure people will disagree and of course there are exceptions. I remember last summer when I was playing 1/2 and 2/4 type games, I thought to myself that the Party 10/20 looked incredibly tough, lol. Now more recently I have played with a lot of the big-name party winners, and I don't think SOME of them are very good at all. And we're talking about the best of the best players in a game that I used to think was nearly impossible to beat.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's all relative. We remember them to be very tough (which I would agree with) but put those same players of 18 months ago in today's games, and they would be weak spots. I'm sure people will disagree and of course there are exceptions. I remember last summer when I was playing 1/2 and 2/4 type games, I thought to myself that the Party 10/20 looked incredibly tough, lol. Now more recently I have played with a lot of the big-name party winners, and I don't think SOME of them are very good at all. And we're talking about the best of the best players in a game that I used to think was nearly impossible to beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I think the regular's from a year+ ago have mostly stopped playing except for a few. However those regular's were not much worse if at all than the regular's now. Just my opinion, I don't really see much that has changed to be honest.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:35 AM

thats cause your dumb(and also cause you obviously got better). /end discussion

BACK TO POSTING HANDS of GAMBLER2k4 GETTING OWNED
Old 06-11-2007, 11:37 AM

I have some hands but all I do is float him and bluff. Pretty easy stuff.

I actually have a problem that when I play with him I have to call all his raises and try to outplay him after the flop no matter what.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:43 AM

i need to start playing him HU, he is just a spew machine.

I love how he made his post to start the month about how he is god and will be up atleast 50k+ this month

update: he is sitting at 2/4nl