Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Weak Tite on Poker Stars

As you can probably tell from the subject line I am Weak Tite from Stars. I mostly play 100nl some 200nl and I also play 1/2 LHE 6 max to log some hands. Some of you probably think I am good some probably think I am ok and some probably think I am terrible. You are all probably right. I post hands frequently on this site and read SSNL almost every day, I also watch cardrunners videos fairly religiously as well as think about poker almost all the time. I'm sure that I have played with everybody on this forum that plays or has played on pokerstars.

A little bit about my poker history, I started in 2003 playing live and 10/25 cent pl on stars when the game was taking off. I started to take it more seriously in 2004 where I moved to limit and played sit and gos. It was always spare income when I was going through college. I wasn't very good not knowing about PT or 2+2, but just reading some books and learning on my own. This past summer I starting taking shots at 2/4 FR with a limited bankroll and had some pretty good success, from there I discovered PT and 2+2 and started short stacking 2/4 6max for a while, eventually I started buying in full and beat the game fairly good for 75000 hands. That is when Party shut down and I soon had a downswing, I moved down to 1/2NL broke even for a painful amount of hands. In the new year I moved back to .50/1.00 with my tail between my legs and started grinding it out full time. I have fairly mediocre results at 0.50/1.00 running at about 3PTBB/100 (that is 12 tabling) I play a boat load of hands as most of you know. I am on the Supernova Elite chase. I am on pace right now, but I don't really know if I will be able to keep it up.

Now that I have said all of that I will tell you why I am writing this post. I feel like as great as posting hands on 2+2 and watching CR videos are, I need more to advance my game. I feel that hands get passed over quite quickly on this site, usually 4 to 5 responses per post. Now that is to be expected considering the number of threads created. I am sick of grinding it out at these limits, and I just don't feel like I am getting any better. If there are players like me out there and I am sure there are who just feel like they are in a rut and don't know what to do I would love to link up with you. One thing I was thinking was transferring PT databases to analyze each others play, also we could use camtasia and make videos of our sessions and discuss decision making. These thoughts are kind of random I know, but if there are people out there that are interested in something different. PM me.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Weak Tite on Poker Stars

Your not bad, your better than a lot of 100NL stars regs. You can probably beat 200nl too. I think you're going to have to open up your game if you ever are going to beat higher than 200nl.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:54 PM

If you really want to improve, I'd have to say the best way would be to limit the number of tables (at least for a little bit now and then). While 12 tabling, there is NO way you can know who floats/peels/check-raises w/ draws/bets with any pair/etc, which is where a lot of the money is made nowadays IMO. SO many people float and/or peel now that if you don't know who that is, you'll have problems. If you DO know who it is, double barreling the correct opponents becomes fun, profitable, and surprisingly low variance.

Lower the # of tables, find general trends in the population, use that knowledge when you fire up the ho-jillion tables you run.

Just my 2c.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:57 PM

I'd love to be in a group with you. How many hands do you normally play a day? GL w/ getting SE & getting better.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:03 PM

I've played with you a fair bit 1/2nl at stars lately.

I think you're pretty decent actually. You don't seem to handle aggression (particularly preflop aggression) from decent players too well, but then neither do I.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your not bad, your better than a lot of 100NL stars regs. You can probably beat 200nl too. I think you're going to have to open up your game if you ever are going to beat higher than 200nl.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you 100% grape. I have sessions (especially after watching Clayton's video) where I run at like 28/25 and I do quite well sometimes like winning 5 buyins in 800 hands, but it can go the other way I once lost $750 in as many hands trying to play lag it was ugly. Guys at 100nl just don't fold to cbets anymore. I see a lot of good regs like murph0511 and others running in the 20's how do you guys deal with the passive donkey on the table that calls everyone of your raises and every cbet. I see the only was to combat that is to tighten up and v-bet them to death.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd love to be in a group with you. How many hands do you normally play a day? GL w/ getting SE & getting better.

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me Ralph we will talk, also I play 7k hands per day at least 7 days a week.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:19 PM

Played with you tons, you seem very solid and you are a winner in my data base. If you are serious about the game (as I am sure you are) you should consider hiring a coach. MSNL has a directory, and you could probably PM a few mods/good posters to find out more about who they would recommend. Some individual attention from a good/great player may be just what you need to take your game to the next level.

ps: What the heck is your avatar on stars?
Old 03-29-2007, 10:36 PM

I agree. Getting a coach is probably a better idea.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me Ralph we will talk, also I play 7k hands per day at least 7 days a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]