Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What's the favourite?
L/c 0 0%
L/R 1 11.11%
B/c 0 0%
B/R 8 88.89%
I mix it up to keep the monkey and the rest of the table off balance. 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, September, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how bad is weed for the lungs?

[/ QUOTE ]

The key Australian Government site on the issue details an extensive analysis of studies on the topic.

It concludes:
[ QUOTE ]
Chronic heavy cannabis smoking probably causes chronic bronchitis, and impairs functioning of the large airways. Given the documented adverse effects of cigarette smoking, it is likely that chronic cannabis use predisposes individuals to develop irreversible obstructive lung diseases. There is suggestive evidence that chronic cannabis smoking produces histopathogical changes in lung tissues that are precursors of lung cancer. Case studies raise a strong suspicion that cannabis may cause cancers of the aerodigestive tract. The conduct of case-control studies of these cancers is a high priority for research into the possible adverse health effects of chronic cannabis smoking.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But don't believe a word of it! If you want to know, look up the medical research directly, you can generally get a good gist despite the medical terminology, and the stats can be looked at properly - 90% of them are poorly done. My guidance is always the 1st surgeon general's report on smoking - they had to redefine the word "cause" in order to say that smoking causes lung cancer! As soon as governments get into science, it gets political, never trust them on issues that have a strong political side.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the politics were in favor of pretending that smoking wasn't hazardous. Billion dollar industry >>>>>>>> well anything else as far as gov't is concerned.

As far as pot goes, yeah it's probably harmful, but most pot smokers smoke infrequently. Heavy pot smokers smoke, what?, a few times a day? Heavy tobacco smokers smoke almost constantly.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:04 PM

Jman should continue to have a blog! I love it!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josem's Geek Tip of the Day: Don't remove the heatsink from your CPU because you're curious about it, 'cause the thing can't be simply replaced to work like it did before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Physically wouldn't fit well? cause they can be a b*tch

Or fit and you're overheating? Get some of that goopy stuff that conducts heat?
Old 09-07-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but for some people even a little exposure eg 20 a day for 10 years

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ that being a little.

PS - I think its crazy that in Ontario (where smoking is no longer allowed in restaurants/bars) owners say t he new legislation has hurt their business. Who would want to smoke while they e at? And can you imagine choosing not to go and eat a nice meal because you arent able to have a cigarette while eating it? LMAO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate laws that ban smoking from bars and I don't smoke. If a bar wants to ban smoking go right ahead but to tell a bar that it must ban smoking is crossing the line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely disagree with this. I should be able to go through the day-to-day routines without every being subjected to someone else's bad habits. I like to be able to choose my vices.

This means that I don't think smoking should be aloud in any place were the general public can reasonable be subjected to it.

So, this includes bars/restaurants, stores, and any other public place. This also includes the immediate vicinity around the entrances/exits to these places. I really hate walking out of a building and my first breath of what should be fresh outdoor air is actually a lung full of smoke from the smokers huddled around the doors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate when smoking is aloud. There's really no reason it shouldn't be quiet.

Seriously though, I hate smoking. It bugs the hell out of me. I can smell when someone in the car in front of me on the freeway going 75 miles an hour is smoking. I grew up in a smoke filled house and just always hated it.

I can go along with it being legitimate to ban smoking in really public places like a bus or a train or even a stadium built with public funds, but I'm too much of a libertarian to think that if someone owns a bar they shouldn't be able to let the idiots all smoke.

Still, I appreciate living in my relatively smoke free world.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can go along with it being legitimate to ban smoking in really public places like a bus or a train or even a stadium built with public funds, but I'm too much of a libertarian to think that if someone owns a bar they shouldn't be able to let the idiots all smoke.

Still, I appreciate living in my relatively smoke free world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha. I'm so torn on this. I actually feel like we have a decent solution now. Smoking is banned in bars and restaurants unless it is "owner operated," so there are still a few of those places that can allow smoking. They just can't hire anyone without a direct financial stake in the place to work there. Most of the argument behind the bar/restaurant smoking ban was to protect the employees, not the patrons. No one HAS to have a job, but it seems fair to require employers to provide safe working conditions even if the employees are there by choice.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know what really pisses me off? When some [censored] hippie bitches and moans about evil radiation killing his aura so much that we have to spend billions in US tax dollars to build some superhighway through nowhere to ship low-level radioactive waste. Then the asshat walks outside smoking a [censored] cigarette and drives away in his 1960 Corvair with under-inflated tires. That's why communism doesn't work and representative democracy barely works. A simple solution would be to make "acting like a [censored] idiot" a felony, and also to appoint me Unquestionable Lord and Master of All Existence.

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is why you are awesome
Old 09-07-2007, 03:39 PM

Brag: Got a job in Cali, so I'm done with being a "pro"

Beat: Got a job in Cali, so I'm done with being a "pro"

Variance: I caved and bought Moshman's book
Old 09-07-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brag: Got a job in Cali, so I'm done with being a "pro"

Beat: Got a job in Cali, so I'm done with being a "pro"

Variance: I caved and bought Moshman's book

[/ QUOTE ]

I brought his book too! I thought it was ok. Shows what I know =0. What about you been doing abarber?
Old 09-07-2007, 04:09 PM

AK is such a bipolar bitch!
Old 09-07-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josem's Geek Tip of the Day: Don't remove the heatsink from your CPU because you're curious about it, 'cause the thing can't be simply replaced to work like it did before.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing thats a non-issue for most of us.
Closed Thread