Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: O/U on Number of current/ future felons playing in this game.
over 13 14 66.67%
13 or Under 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Restaurant refuses to sing happy bday to 6 yr old

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I think the douches here are the ones bitching because no one wants to sing to their 6 year old. Everyone thinks their own kid is the most important person in the world, but guess what? No one else gives a f*ck! I'm glad the restaurant didn't sing him Happy Birthday and I wish every other restaurant I went to would follow a similar policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. It's about time people stopped spoiling their kids, too. This is how kids today grow up thinking the world revolves around them.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We did sing to him, and some people joined in but he was still disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll live.

And I guarantee the kid would forget all about it in about 5 seconds if the adults didn't make such a freakin federal case over their precious child being "disappointed". I swear, sometimes I think parents today get so fixated on the world acknowledging their kid's amazing specialness, that the parents are actually the ones who want to be sung to. The child is probably just as happy eating tacos and having some desert.

God, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. I actually respect the owner for not caving in, which would have been the easier thing to do just to shut the father up.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:12 AM

I think the real question here is this: What kind of parents in their right mind would take a six year old boy out to a nice dinner on his birthday???

It's easy to say the boy is spoiled, but after the whiny OP... I'd say that the parents take the cake on that one. If all the kid wanted was tacos and dog food... why not invite all his friends over, spend 15 minutes cooking up the tacos, another 5 for some margaritas for the adults, and then let the kids play xbox or with their toys. Then a whole house full of his friends would have sang Happy Birthday.

To say that this incident put a damper on the boy's birthday is ridiculous. He's 6!!! If you handed him a piece of candy or a new toy, ten minutes later... I can almost promise you that he wouldn't even remember.

Instead of deflecting blame, or disputing who at the restaurant was in the wrong... why don't the parents take some responsibility for this?? Perhaps they'll learn something for next year.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the real question here is this: What kind of parents in their right mind would take a six year old boy out to a nice dinner on his birthday???

It's easy to say the boy is spoiled, but after the whiny OP... I'd say that the parents take the cake on that one. If all the kid wanted was tacos and dog food... why not invite all his friends over, spend 15 minutes cooking up the tacos, another 5 for some margaritas for the adults, and then let the kids play xbox or with their toys. Then a whole house full of his friends would have sang Happy Birthday.

To say that this incident put a damper on the boy's birthday is ridiculous. He's 6!!! If you handed him a piece of candy or a new toy, ten minutes later... I can almost promise you that he wouldn't even remember.

Instead of deflecting blame, or disputing who at the restaurant was in the wrong... why don't the parents take some responsibility for this?? Perhaps they'll learn something for next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

brandigivinglifeadvicements
Old 07-08-2007, 04:32 AM

I've been reading this thread for about a half hour. Then I realized I've been getting dumber, so I'm stopping.

gg 4:30am with nothing better to do
Old 07-08-2007, 04:40 AM

God, how is this thread still going? And how the [censored] are there so many immature, jaded douches here?

1. He's 6 and it's his birthday you facking morons. He's not some spoiled brat on My Sweet 16 whining about getting a Lexus instead of a Porsche. [censored], he probably still believes santa is real. I'm sure if you ruined that for him on Christmas Eve, he just might not be hungry for a while. Just because kids aren't completely numbed to disappointment doesn't mean they're spoiled! I'm bolding this because there are a metric fkton of douches here who seem unable to understand this. God, attacking the CHILD in this situation is the most misguided, arrogant, self-righteous BULLLSHHIT.

2. The owner's decision is his own to make. Obviously. If the decision is really so important, he should bend over backward to make it up to the kid in some way. New cake, put a candle on it or special icing or whatever, the manager bring's it out personally, and wishes the kid happy birthday with a big smile or some [censored]. Not that hard to do and it would keep jackass customers like me from picketing his restaurant and claiming he's a nazi sympathizer.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hah, OK. Obviously you are going to stick by your warped argument and simply ignore the scenario set out by the OP. To each his own, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bother. If the one time I see you, you repeatedly go out of your way to be offensive, pointlessly argumentative, and dull-witted, you're on ignore. I'm very confident you won't be missed and do suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Grats on being the next douchebag. Thought you'd aspire higher, but you've found your natural level. Hope it's everything you, yourself, have hoped. Glorious, eh? Must be nice to have so much ambition.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hah, OK. Obviously you are going to stick by your warped argument and simply ignore the scenario set out by the OP. To each his own, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't bother. If the one time I see you, you repeatedly go out of your way to be offensive, pointlessly argumentative, and dull-witted, you're on ignore. I'm very confident you won't be missed and do suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lolollol

[/ QUOTE ]

Outstanding. However did anyone learn to reach so high?
Old 07-08-2007, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Blarg,

"Lots of owners hire managers, too.

And, the owner can be there every night, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's going to be there every day, too. When he's not, who is going to make the decisions?"

Note that I have been saying owner/manager. I don't expect a restaurant to need the owner there to run well. I expect the restaurant to need either the owner or a manager/supervisor that he has hired. And part of what the person in that role at the restaurant does is keep customers happy and deal w/ mistakes by staff.

"If so, he is probably not that good a businessman or very ambitious. I would think being the owner of one small business you could never leave would be among the least likely of an owner's goals."

I know tons of bar/restaurant owners who are completely content to own and run their own single little establishment. It is often the culmination of their career goals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, more power to them if so. I wouldn't argue it's the best business model, though. I'm fairly sure you wouldn't argue it is, either. However, if it gives them happiness, we're probably both on board with saying that's beyond our criticism.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We did sing to him, and some people joined in but he was still disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll live.

And I guarantee the kid would forget all about it in about 5 seconds if the adults didn't make such a freakin federal case over their precious child being "disappointed". I swear, sometimes I think parents today get so fixated on the world acknowledging their kid's amazing specialness, that the parents are actually the ones who want to be sung to. The child is probably just as happy eating tacos and having some desert.

God, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. I actually respect the owner for not caving in, which would have been the easier thing to do just to shut the father up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Unfortunately, being not quite so ridiculous does nothing to draw out the forum jackals in your support. Being reasonable sucks and stops the flow of hate a lot of people need to express.

You don't seem to need that, or respect it, but for those who do, I'd suggest a more paint-by-numbers bout of complete douchebagginess to feel clever and original.

It's never too late to feel like you thought of it first!