Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul\'s racist comments

[ QUOTE ]

The debate of whether they are racist or not only confirms Paul's cult-like status on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

RonPaulNation is in such a Koresh-like induced state that they are driven to rationalize obvious racism away as "facts supported by statistics" in legiance to their Grand Prophet.

And to think people were wondering why MSM called them the "lunatic fringe"....those certain 'types' that are attracted to hate speech and racist propoganda that seem to be drawn to Paul for obvious reasons. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 02:39 PM

Are you actually trying to say that people are attracted to supporting Paul because he constantly spews hate speech and racist propaganda? What % of Paul's supporters do you think have read that 1992 newsletter or anything resembling hate speech by Paul?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And to think people were wondering why MSM called them the "lunatic fringe"....those certain 'types' that are attracted to hate speech and racist propoganda that seem to be drawn to Paul for obvious reasons. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant really see what purpose it has to compare Ron Paul-supporters to racists and hate mongerers.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you actually trying to say that people are attracted to supporting Paul because he constantly spews hate speech and racist propaganda? What % of Paul's supporters do you think have read that 1992 newsletter or anything resembling hate speech by Paul?

[/ QUOTE ]
Was this meant for me? In that case, re-read my post.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, unless the comments came from say Hillary or some other Democrat who wouldn't be attacked for them at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
I find this statement on this forum very amusing.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Was this meant for me? In that case, re-read my post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was replying to Redbean. That's why it says "[Re:RedBean]" in the header of my post. [censored] Crazy.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This qualifying part of the statement clearly shows that the author wasn't asserting that "all blacks" were raised in that manner, just the criminal element in the cites where the race riots were occuring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you missed the part where he said 95% of black males were criminals.

[ QUOTE ]
That statement is not racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um....ok...apparently not in the opinion of RonPaulNation. No surprise, considering the following he attracts.

I guess the assertion that black children in general are raised to hate white people and taught to steal from them at every opportunity is based on "statistics"...right?

The rationalization is laughable. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

These are some specifics I was looking for.

I believe Ron Paul did not directly make those comments; though, I also think, as he claimed, he has a moral responsibility for them. That is my opinion, as I do not know Ron Paul, and do not *know* he is not racist. However, I do know Ron Paul is not the evil you've intended him to be, in this discussion. Ironically, RedBean, you are the evil one in this situation.

Allow me to provide a recent specific:
You said: "[Ron Paul] said 95% of black males (are) criminals."
(Whoever wrote the article) actually said: "Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the 'criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal." This, based on statistics in a report put out by the NCIA which showed "about 85 percent (of black men in Washington) are arrested at some point in their lives."
Intentionally distorting the facts for the purpose of framing someone as racist is evil, and you continue to do so.

Throughout much of this discussion you have been offensive and hateful, not only toward Ron Paul, but toward many who opposed you in this thread, as well. Your accusations against Ron Paul are unfounded, yet, irrationally, you continue to spout them. Your actions, your unfounded attacks and continued deceit, are repugnant, and, in my opinion, evil.

RedBean, go away now.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you actually trying to say that people are attracted to supporting Paul because he constantly spews hate speech and racist propaganda?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, thats not what I said. I said the same types of folks who are often attracted by hate speech and racist propoganda also seem to be attracted to supporting Paul.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Intentionally distorting the facts for the purpose of framing someone as racist is evil, and you continue to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Distorting facts? lol...

Several objective observers who've read the newsletter in it's entirety and as originally published easily agree it is obviously racist.

That you disagree and side with the lunatic fringe in rationalizing the racist comments as accurate doesn't make *me* the evil one, hoss.

[ QUOTE ]

Your accusations against Ron Paul are unfounded, yet, irrationally, you continue to spout them. Your actions, your unfounded attacks and continued deceit, are repugnant, and, in my opinion, evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling the verbatim comments racist that were authored by Ron Paul for which he has admitted responsibility is 'unfounded' and 'deceit'?

Interesting perspective, I suppose. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Except that the quotes are taken verbatim from Paul's own newsletter, and they pretty much speak for themself as being despicably racist.

You disagree, of course, as would many of the types that are attracted to supporting Paul for obvious reasons.

So much so.....you have a nice day. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, thats not what I said. I said the same types of folks who are often attracted by hate speech and racist propoganda also seem to be attracted to supporting Paul.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
No.
Closed Thread