Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: *Official* June HPT TurningStone Thread

I actually did some raw ICM calculations after the tourney and realized my actual equity was 11.8k, so technically I got a bad deal. However, nobody knew that at the time, and the fact that they all agreed to give me the 11k was just ridiculous.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:00 AM

i got 12th or 13th in the $500 today... AA < JJ aipf for an 85k-ish pot in the 1k/2k. also lost AA < TT/QQ aipf for a 40-45kish pot in the 300/600/50a a couple hours earlier. i run good live. both of the guys who cracked my AA ended up in the top 5 obv.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:02 AM

whoever won that 2,8k pot at 5/5 with KJ vs my 99 I hope you die btw
Old 06-13-2007, 01:39 AM

NEED ALCOHOL!!!

if anyone can help thatd be soooo great..aim = nonotbaxter, or just pm me
Old 06-13-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NEED ALCOHOL!!!

if anyone can help thatd be soooo great..aim = nonotbaxter, or just pm me

[/ QUOTE ]

same here... pm me if u find large quantities..
Old 06-13-2007, 02:14 AM

blah i think im leaving tomorrow unless a get a room to stay in and decide i dont want to lose 1k/get staked. i run so bad!
Old 06-13-2007, 04:52 AM

Nice playing with you Randall, Dub, and Holla. I play bad, you guys play goot. If anybody has cash, please please please pm me.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually did some raw ICM calculations after the tourney and realized my actual equity was 11.8k, so technically I got a bad deal. However, nobody knew that at the time, and the fact that they all agreed to give me the 11k was just ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 of my home game players made the FT - 10th and 8th place - they both thought that you could have gotten more if you pushed harder. My friend who finished 8th had about 2% of the chips in play when places 2-8 chopped for $5,400 each.

None the less, gg mkind - I heard you played ridiculously well.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:49 AM

Trip has been ok so far.

I bought in for $20k for some 5-10 uncapped action and made $2500 in a short session. I busted from the $1k today, my first tourney, in 45 minutes- but it was an entertaining experience.

I come to the table about 15 mins late and am dealt in. The first hand I raise AQs utg to 175 and get called by the button and bb. The dealer loudly chastises me for not pushing the chips out far enough. The flop comes A44 with 2 hearts and I bet 350. The dealer once again goes grunt groan push out your chips further. Uh, srry I guess. Both guys call and the dealer says "That's how you're supposed to do it" when one of them pushes out his chips, and gives me a big smirk. I have no idea what his problem is but I'm focusing on the hand.

The turn comes a 6 and I bet $1050. The big blind folds and the old guy on the button calls which is really bad for my hand. The river is a 9. I shove this for value vs so many people but old guys never call light and never bluff the river at Turning Stone so I check instead. The guy proceeds to bet 1k. sidjsidjsds

It was the most ridiculous spot ever, because the pot odds are so huge and there is a missed flush draw, but in my experience these guys are just incapable of value-betting light or bluffing here, and I doubt he'd have called 2 big bets with a flush draw.

So I tank for a while, think it through, go "old dudes never bluff right?" hoping to get some response or at least get him to show, then fold and guy smiles and doesn't show =(

Dealer immediately goes off on me. He says "That's the stupidest thing you will say today.

In the past I'd have just batted and eye and said nothing but I wasn't gonna stand for this, especially after the guy pushed my buttons w/his loud criticism of how I bet my chips.

Me: UMM excuse me??

Dealer: "I find that offensive, none of that"

I give him an incredulous look and say "Are you serious? Its just table talk"

"You calling him an old guy is like calling me an [censored], its an insult"

"Well that's just like, your opinion man"

Guy gives me a look like he can't BELIEVE I'm questioning his complete authority over the table and says in a condescending tone "Yeah it is my opinion, and I'm the dealer, I'm the only person whose opinion matters"

(lol ru for real?)

I glare right back at him and say "Well he didn't seem offended, and even if he was its just chat during a hand and I don't really care what you think"

Dealer: You want me to call the floor?

Me: Go right ahead!

I proceed to stare at him and give him my best Patrik Antonius poker face, which is pretty damn good nowadays.

Dealer: That's one hell of a stare.

Me: damn right.

Dealer looks like hes gonna finally deal the hand, then actually calls the floor!

Floor guy: whats the problem?
Dealer: This guy called this guy an "old guy"

Floor guy stares at him waiting for something else, then looks at me expectantly. Dealer realizes nothing is happening and quickly says "this kid called him an old guy, insulting him". This whole time the guy from the hand said nothing and didn't seem to care at all- he did grin at me after I folded, lol.

I probably should have just stared at the floor guy and said nothing, lol, because the dealer looked so stupid- but instead the following exchange happened over 10 seconds or so, the dealer interrupting the entire time:

Me: we were in the middle of a hand and I called him "old" on the river when I was facing a bet trying to decide what to do.

Me: I didn't realize that table talk was prohibited in this tournament?

Floor guy: well no-

Dealer (interrupting): it was an insult at the table and I find that type of talk inappropriate

Me: I didn't realize you guys brought in dealers from former Nazi Germany

Floor guy looks at both of us like he can't believe this is happening, lol. He shakes his head in confusion, turns to the dealer and says "Don't call me over for this kind of thing". Dealer looks dejected and says "well this is just how problems start I figured I should let you know...". Some kid at the table quips in with "Well he didn't seem insulted" and the floor guy just looks confused, nods, and walks away.

lol. This is the 3rd surreal experience I've had on this trip, the other was at a Bank of America in Rome and was so bizzare that it deserves a trip report.

Anyway, I bust soon after the dealer change. Guy calls 50, other guy calls, I raise AK to 300 from the cutoff, first limper folds, next limper raises to 1175, I jam for 3k, he has AA gg

Jon and I want to go to the Chinese place tonight if anyone is interested.

-Jeff
Old 06-13-2007, 12:02 PM

Busto in 1070

First hand at the table, I raise TT to 150. MP woman calls, xthesteinx calls from the SB. Flop 5-5-2 (2 hearts). Stein checks, I bet 325, woman folds, Stein calls. Turn is an offsuit 7 (5-5-2-7). Stein leads 700. I call. River is an A. (5-5-2-7-A). Stein leads 1700. I fold.

Later I grind back some of that loss and the following hand happens:

AK, I open, SB and BB call. Flop is A-5-7. SB check calls a cbet. Turn is a 4. SB checks, I bet like 950. He sighs, hems and haws. Then hollywoods like he is disgusted for a while. Then he minraises.

lekjgwoiejghwjth;wtjh. I fold to what is obviously a hand > TPTK.

Down to 2200 at 50-75. MP1 opens for 225, there are 3 callers, so a little over 1K in the pot. I look at AK in my BB and make the easy shove. Original raiser has AA.

Stein later tells me he had a 5 in our hand.

Running bad is [censored]

[censored] [censored] [censored]