Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Poker tracker and flop stats

78,616 hands- FR and 6 max combined (fairly even)
Action after a preflop raise (any raise)

Bet: 3929 hands +1.03 BB per hand
Raise 456 hands +1.83 BB per hand
Check 588 hands - .33 BB per hand
Fold 152 hands -1.26 BB per hand

EDITED TO ADD: Bet raise combined (what you asked for I guess) 4385 hands +1.11 per hand
Old 08-29-2007, 09:15 PM

Are you really trying to justify a raise or fold mentality on the flop? That is what this sounds like and it is retarted.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:49 PM

Bona, you missed one situation "called" which I really was interested in.

Kerowo, let me explain my retarted thought if I can. If you review a statistic in PT and that stat shows that you lose money in the long run shouldn't you change something in the way you play that hand or hand type ie if you look at results when playing offsuit connectors and you end up losing with any hands less than 98o, you probably should not play them, right? So now lets get to the situation I was think of, you look at your stats when you have raised preflop but only called the flop and you find out that is a losing situation for you. Should you be changing the way you play?
Old 08-29-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you really trying to justify a raise or fold mentality on the flop? That is what this sounds like and it is retarted.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed i think its as retarded as the way u spelled it
Old 08-30-2007, 05:26 AM

Called 860 hands +.04 per hand (78,616 total hands played)
Old 08-30-2007, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed i think its as retarded as the way u spelled it

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the odds that I did this accidently are as large as the odds that playing raise or fold poker on the flop are good.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bona, you missed one situation "called" which I really was interested in.

Kerowo, let me explain my retarted thought if I can. If you review a statistic in PT and that stat shows that you lose money in the long run shouldn't you change something in the way you play that hand or hand type ie if you look at results when playing offsuit connectors and you end up losing with any hands less than 98o, you probably should not play them, right? So now lets get to the situation I was think of, you look at your stats when you have raised preflop but only called the flop and you find out that is a losing situation for you. Should you be changing the way you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a word. No.

Your stats are going to be based on too small a sample to be meaningful.
Stats are descriptive, not predictive. Just because you have certain numbers doesn't mean you are going to have a certain win rate or even be playing correctly.
It completely ignores the other people in the hand, who are more important than your stats.
There was a thread a while back where we were talking about win rate for AA and it turned out that over 20 or 30 thousand hands AA had won more than I had totally. So using your logic I should only play AA becuase playing other hands costs me money.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:43 AM

2007 Full ring
29500 hands
1714 hand - bet @ +0.86BB/hand
279 hands - raised @ +1.07BB/hand
273 hands - called @ +0.26BB/hand

FWIW my called number is -0.03 for 2006 and I know for a fact that in 2006 I paid off alot more with calling hands than I do now. My W2SD was higher in 2007.

So basically I surmise that if your losing money when you call the flop then it is probable that its not so much that call thats a losing play (but it could be if you simply making bad flop calls) but what you do on the turn/river once youve called that flop bet.

sparky, what you might want to do is review hands where you called the flop...there shouldnt be that many so you can review them individually. Be critical, look for mistakes you made over and over and if you arent sure....post hands here. Also I dont know how good you are at pot odds but you might want to refresh those as well so that in the heat of battle you can confidently make calls when you have hte odds to do so and fold when you dont

gogogo