Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Deadlift question (prop bet help needed)

[ QUOTE ]
lol at trap bar deadlifts.

[/ QUOTE ]

True that. C'mon Gordon, keep it real baby.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:55 AM

ha I actually suck with trap bar deads, since it really moves alot of weight off the back and into the hips. I appreciate the folks who helped me out with what I actually asked for (tips on increasing strength, not prop betting advice lol). I have not placed the bet yet, but I still think there is hope. I am going to ask for better odds though ( 3:1 maybe), and less than 3 x BW if he wants to do it in under 3 months. If I make this bet, and come up even 50 pounds short I still would have accomplished enough to make me feel good about it. If for some reason I don't take this bet I am going to try something like this out anyway.
As of now I am going to focus on some light weight deads for the week, and work on form.
I am also looking into rack pulls. Anyone use those for training strength on deads? I am guessing it is the same idea as board benches for increasing your bench.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3 times my bodyweight within 3 months. I am weighing 165 right now,

[/ QUOTE ]
Get him to lower the requirements (make sure it is in terms of bodyweight), and then proceed to lose about 40 lbs (is it possible?). I'm not sure how much you can progress in the deadlift while losing 40 lbs, but at least some of the progress is nueromuscular so you still might be able to add some weight.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:50 PM

3x BW anything is huge. I guess DL is the easiest lift to do it in, but it's still ridiculous. Maybe you could make 2.5x

I used to workout at this powerlifting gym and there was this midget who was a competitive bench presser; he weighed like 150 and benched > 3X BW. Obviously huge advantage cuz he was one of those midgets with tiny legs but a pretty normal upper body.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:08 PM

to break something like this doing all around powerlifts will increase it alot

unfortunately u learn most of ur explosion under the age of 20, just keep pounding out that back strength and try getting up your squat weights to get explosion for the hips for the deadlift
Old 11-24-2007, 10:45 PM

before taking the bet I wanted to get a few deadlift workouts in, then try to get an estimated 1rm. I put up 415 AFTER my normal deadlift workout. I'm not going to say this is a lock by any means, but I think it's way more doable than some of you guys think. If I can get to a lean 150-155 I think I can get this in 3 months.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
before taking the bet I wanted to get a few deadlift workouts in, then try to get an estimated 1rm. I put up 415 AFTER my normal deadlift workout. I'm not going to say this is a lock by any means, but I think it's way more doable than some of you guys think. If I can get to a lean 150-155 I think I can get this in 3 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I can probably get up 315 right now on my dead lifts"

I'm pretty sure most of the naysaying was based on that. Pretty different than 415, and your 1RM might even be 450 already.