Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

A relative of mine had a few DUIs and finally got his license back, but he has one of those breathalyzer machines in his car. Whenever the car is on, at random times, some thing goes off, and he has like 3 minutes to blow/hum into it or else its a violation. He also has to pay $100/month for two years for having the device and calibration, etc.

He said he was just getting used to it, and got a violation at like 9am because he left his car running to go back into the house to grab something he forgot and it went off.

With some people DUI just a result of the disease of alcoholism, so for that I don't immediately say "you're evil! i hope you rot in hell!" but I also think there is absolutely no excuse.

2.5 years sucks, especially at 20. thankfully you didn't take some family in a minivan with you and hopefully this will set you straight in life.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

someone makes a mistake, fine.

3 times, twice aggravated, you get what you deserve. its pretty goddamn easy not to get into a car while drinking

[/ QUOTE ]

According to OP, aggravated in this context means that it was done while he had a suspended license, not that he was necessarily super extra drunk.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:43 PM

2p2 group trip imo
Old 11-24-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you're there 100% of the 2.5 years. Drinking and driving is the douchiest thing since ... ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh christ here we go again. I guess we should start tossing people in the clink for wearing headbands with gelled hair cause that's really douchy too. amirite?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:50 PM

That's a quality 2p2 handle,and an awesome avatar as well. A+
Old 11-24-2007, 02:54 PM

All I can say is good luck, hope the experience changes you for the better.

I'd give you advice but given the amount of Oz I've watched in the past three months I'm just not going to say anything. :X
Old 11-24-2007, 02:55 PM

I just read a book for my Punishment class called "About Prison" by Michael Santos. He wrote the book specifically for people about to serve prison sentences. I highly recommend you get a hold of it if you can.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A relative of mine had a few DUIs and finally got his license back, but he has one of those breathalyzer machines in his car. Whenever the car is on, at random times, some thing goes off, and he has like 3 minutes to blow/hum into it or else its a violation. He also has to pay $100/month for two years for having the device and calibration, etc.

He said he was just getting used to it, and got a violation at like 9am because he left his car running to go back into the house to grab something he forgot and it went off.

With some people DUI just a result of the disease of alcoholism, so for that I don't immediately say "you're evil! i hope you rot in hell!" but I also think there is absolutely no excuse.

2.5 years sucks, especially at 20. thankfully you didn't take some family in a minivan with you and hopefully this will set you straight in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I clearly have an issue with alcohol and am currently addressing it( have been to rehab and am currently involved with AA). This is not an excuse but it sheds light on the greater problem. We could have a whole other debate on whether Prison is a positive solution for people and society as a whole.

I will also probably lose my license for like 5 years for all you in favor of heavy punishment
Old 11-24-2007, 03:23 PM

have you looked into what the penalties are for going on the run? since you are only sentenced to 2.5 years, they probably won't really even chase after you. Its very easy to steal someone else's identity or just buy/steal a passport and leave the country. I don't know what technology will be like in the future and how likely it is you can stay hidden, but 2.5 years is a long time imho.

if you go to jail just remember, "you only do two days. the day you go in and the day you get out" - avon barksdale.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:34 PM

OP, did you hurt anyone? 2 years seems kind of excessive unless you hurt someone or had other priors or something. But I don't know anything.

Maybe you'd get a little more sympathy from OOT if you humanized yourself a little. What were the details of each dui? What did you learn? What did you think you learned with the previous DUIs but didn't? How did you wind up in the car that 3rd time and what was your big mistake that got you there? etc.

As someone who's had one DUI and has a tendency to get out of his head on rare occasions, that last piece of info. could come in handy.