Exercise
Guns
Competition
Reducing stress
Losing weight

[/ QUOTE ]

how does diet? just more protein?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd imagine there are a number of things. Protein? Maybe, not sure. If you get enough zinc/magnesium though you get more REM sleep and as I understand it that is the time when testosterone gets released/produced or something.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:05 AM

Default Re: Testosterone Question

Saturated fat. Our hormones are made from them and cholesterol.

Diet and supplements belong in the same category kind of when we are talking about nutrients.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The possible effect of dietary fat content and the ratio of polyunsaturated to saturated fatty acids (P/S-ratio) on serum sex hormones was studied in 30 healthy male volunteers. The customary diet of the subjects, which supplied 40% of energy as fat (mainly from animal sources, P/S-ratio 0.15) was replaced for a 6 weeks period by a practically isocaloric experimental diet containing significantly less fat (25% of energy) with a higher P/S-ratio (1.22) and other environmental factors were stabilized. Serum testosterone and 4-androstenedione decreased from 22.7 +/- 1.1 nmol/l to 19.3 +/- 1.2 nmol/l, (SEM, P less than 0.001) and from 4.6 +/- 0.2 nmol/l to 4.3 +/- 0.2 nmol/l (SEM, P less than 0.01), respectively. These changes were paralleled by a reduction in serum free (non-protein bound) testosterone (P less than 0.01) suggesting a possible change in biological activity. During the low fat period a significant negative correlation between serum prolactin and androgens was observed. All the changes in androgen levels were reversible. With the exception of a small but non-significant decrease in serum estradiol-17 beta, the other hormone parameters were practically unaffected by the dietary manipulation. Our results indicate that in men a decrease in dietary fat content and an increase in the degree of unsaturation of fatty acids reduces the serum concentrations of androstenedione, testosterone and free testosterone. The mechanism and importance of this phenomenon is discussed in the light of epidemiological and experimental data.

PMID: 6538617 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Old 11-12-2007, 03:55 PM

Yea, I knew it [censored] with one's sperm, which is one of the many reasons I partake. I also wear tighty whities to keep my sperm nice and immobilized so I dont end up with any leeching baby mommas just yet!

The part about reduced seminal fluid sucks though... does that mean I have less ejaculate, and perhaps less pleasure due to less volume??
Old 11-13-2007, 04:10 AM

Garlic combined with a high protein diet increases testosterone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The effects of garlic supplementation on protein metabolism were investigated by measuring testis testosterone and plasma corticosterone in rats fed diets with different protein levels. In Experiment 1, rats were fed experimental diets with different protein levels (40, 25 or 10 g/100 g casein) with or without 0.8 g/100 g garlic powder. After 28 d of feeding, testosterone contents in the testis were significantly higher and plasma corticosterone concentrations were significantly lower in rats fed 40 and 25% casein diets with garlic powder than in those fed the same diets without garlic powder. Urinary excretion of 17-ketosteroid (an index of testosterone), nitrogen balance and hepatic arginase activity were significantly higher in rats fed the 40% casein diet with garlic powder than in the 40% casein controls. In Experiment 2, the effect of diallyldisulfide (a major volatile sulfur-containing compound in garlic) on the secretion of luteinizing hormone (LH) from the pituitary gland, which regulates testosterone production in the testis, was investigated in anesthetized rats. Plasma LH concentration increased dose dependently after administration of diallyldisulfide (P < 0.01, r = 0.558). These results suggest that dietary supplementation with 0.8 g/100 g garlic alters hormones associated with protein anabolism by increasing testicular testosterone and decreasing plasma corticosterone in rats fed a high protein diet.

PMID: 11481410 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Old 11-13-2007, 07:27 AM

That's pretty useful to the rats on this forum.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:46 AM

Are you saying rat studies are useless?

I didn't even realize it was a rat study, just threw it up after a 2 min search.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:12 PM

if garlic increased test then I'm almost positive that ginseng (not siberian but true or chinese or korean) will.

if you get the I think sun brand it might be some store like walgreen generic brand or someting it's like white with an orange border kinda generic looking, and the pills are just heavy, and a bottle of 100 is like 1/2 pound or something, I always thought it was a really good value or something and I could really feel a difference. I mean like the difference between just wacking off and wacking off three times in a row kinda difference.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I need to lose weight for reasons unrelated to my T levels, and I know this. But I'll tell you, it's hard to get motivated when you feel like crap 24/7 for 15 years. It wears on you, trust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is totally true, but it's also the same spot that anyone who's overweight and out of shape is in. It takes willpower to get going.

BTW Squats are of the best natural ways to increase test and part of why they are so crucial to any muscle building program.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:57 PM

start lifting really heavy things and your t-levels will naturally rise

www.ast-ss.com go to the MAX-OT section
Old 11-19-2007, 09:05 PM

Seen the urologist today. Seemed like a great doctor. He explained a lot of stuff, told me there are a number of causes, and specifically mentioned that it could be caused by obesity. However, after reviewing my medical history he thinks it's unlikely that's it related to my weight.

He ordered 14 blood tests and a testicular ultrasound. I go back on 12/3 to discuss treatment options, but he's leaning toward replacement therapy using a gel. (obv depending on test results).

My testicles are smaller than normal and the left is smaller than the right (noticeably so).

He basically said that the blood test I had done doesn't mean a whole lot, and he puts very little stock in the total testosterone test. He takes all the patient's symptoms into account before deciding if the replacement therapy is needed.

We'll cover the specifics of the treatment on the next visit. All in all it was a good visit. He seems like he knows what he's doing, and I'm pretty confident with him after the first visit.

Next update after 12/3 visit.