Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Message to PokerRoad regarding durrrr

I sent in an e-mail asking why the hell they only do one hour shows. Seems ridiculous they give Durrrrr and Nick Schulman the same amount of interview time as a tournament director in Canada nobody gives a crap about. It's rare you get guests of this quality PokerRoad, don't try to make it as short as possible.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:00 AM

how great is it when Gavin Smith tells durrr that Annette is probably better at poker than him lol
Old 11-14-2007, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how great is it when Gavin Smith tells durrr that Annette is probably better at poker than him lol

[/ QUOTE ]

how is it possible to be a high profile professional player like gavin, and be this ignorant about the poker world?
how do they not realize that their question of online pros vs live pros is the easiest question in the world to answer.
its so embarrassing, at least bart knows whats really going on.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:38 AM
 is offline

To be fair Gavin in one of the recent shows gave the online players a lot of credit and basically called them sick good.
I think he even remarked that he was a little scared.
My impression is that it's actually more Sebok who doesn't really understand or respect the online players and online poker in general.

That they don't, unlike the online cash games players, consider live tournament players complete donks, shouldn't really be all that suprising.

But I agree that it is a little embarrassing sometimes how ignorant they come across regarding the online poker world.
Scott Huff and Haralabob too, who I really like btw, I think he one time, wouldn't even acknowledge online poker as "real poker".

And yes more detailed and not least longer poker strategy talk with truly great players like Durrr, Schulman and Barry too when he was on would of course have been appreciated.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My impression is that it's actually more Sebok who doesn't really understand or respect the online players and online poker in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed...Gavin has a lot more of a clue...joe wouldn't even acknowledge that he'd be a huge dog in a 200/400 game

when gavin said to durrr...say me and sebok sat down in a 200/400 game online and ill admit wed probably be dogs...joe said well i dont know about that...but gavin and durr just ignored him and went on with their conversation
Old 11-14-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how is it possible to be a high profile professional player like gavin, and be this ignorant about the poker world?
how do they not realize that their question of online pros vs live pros is the easiest question in the world to answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i think he was being really sarcastic and durrr had a little chuckle over it
Old 11-14-2007, 01:03 PM

Yeah, people in this thread take stuff way too seriously. Gavin was just needling Durrrr, and Sebok acknowledges that he's not a cash game player.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it so unthinkable that annette_15 might be a better tournament player (think short-stack poker) than durrr? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he'd kill her in a deep stacked (if I can call 100BB+ deep) cash game. And I also have no doubt that good cash games players are better at tournaments than tournament players are at cash games. Just think someone with the experience of annette might know a thing or two about tournaments and short-stacked play that durrr doesn't.. (ducks)
Old 11-14-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it so unthinkable that annette_15 might be a better tournament player (think short-stack poker) than durrr? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he'd kill her in a deep stacked (if I can call 100BB+ deep) cash game. And I also have no doubt that good cash games players are better at tournaments than tournament players are at cash games. Just think someone with the experience of annette might know a thing or two about tournaments and short-stacked play that durrr doesn't.. (ducks)

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't say "short stacked tourney player" he said "poker player"

Btw, I don't get all the fuss over Durrr's voice. Who gives a crap what his voice sounds like, he is an excellent interview, and the point of this thread should remain on the travesty of Joe and Gavin ruining what could have been an amazing discussion by being such goofdicks. Btw, there is a place for being goofdicks, say when you have Khan on the show.. But please ease off on the goofdick pedal when you have a guest of substance.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't say "short stacked tourney player" he said "poker player"

Btw, I don't get all the fuss over Durrr's voice. Who gives a crap what his voice sounds like, he is an excellent interview, and the point of this thread should remain on the travesty of Joe and Gavin ruining what could have been an amazing discussion by being such goofdicks. Btw, there is a place for being goofdicks, say when you have Khan on the show.. But please ease off on the goofdick pedal when you have a guest of substance.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he said poker player then I agree with you. Certainly I don't see what I said that was a bannable offence.. (hint: I am Levi_X from above. I got banned for my comment).