Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: registered sex offender

I talk to one every now and then when I work. He spent like 5 years in prison, along with some cocaine charges. Anyways, he's Cuban and doesn't speak very good english so it's hard to understand him. He seems like a good guy. He has lived in my town for a couple years now and all of a sudden some people started to realize who he is and what he has done, and now everyone is having a stink about it.

I think there are about 3 or 4 in my town. We never have any problem with them.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Almost none of them grabbed some kid and put them into a van. Almost all child molestation is done by someone the child knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then wouldn't it be [censored] nice to know where the 1 or 2 van-grabbers in your city reside, and not have them just blend in with all the niece-touchers?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get it. The "van-grabbers" are so rare there's a very high likelihood none of them live in your city.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:46 PM

Question: Is it a requirement for all sex offenders to have moustaches? Because it certainly seems to be in my neighborhood.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Almost none of them grabbed some kid and put them into a van. Almost all child molestation is done by someone the child knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then wouldn't it be [censored] nice to know where the 1 or 2 van-grabbers in your city reside, and not have them just blend in with all the niece-touchers?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get it. The "van-grabbers" are so rare there's a very high likelihood none of them live in your city.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the reality is all this awareness of sex offenders just creates fear and is really pointless and probably doesn't do much at all to prevent the crime.

It's way more important to not leave your kids alone with their uncle. But of course everyone thinks "oh, not in my family, my family is fine" which is why it continues to happen over and over.

I get way more creeped out when I see families where the 10 year old daughter is always sitting in the dad's lap and they kiss on the lips and [censored] like that.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's way more important to not leave your kids alone with their uncle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not nearly as important as it is to arrest black people. Statistics support both.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:10 PM

What does indecent assault usually refer to? Like grabbing a chicks [censored] or something?
Old 11-03-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What does indecent assault usually refer to? Like grabbing a chicks [censored] or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or putting a camera up their skirt.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet I feel relieved. I'll let the neighbors know that statistics say the streets are safe. I live in LA btw.

Seriously though. You don't get my point. The system now sucks. However, if it only showed van-grabbers and other violent offenders against strangers, or highlighted them somehow, then it could be worthwhile.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:37 PM

where do you live? aren't there laws about residents having to be notified when a sex offender moves in, or does it only apply to people w/children?
Old 11-03-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the reality is all this awareness of sex offenders just creates fear and is really pointless and probably doesn't do much at all to prevent the crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

it probably creates a fair amount of crime