Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: sorry and i\'m alive

tuq,

1. Some like to just talk.

2. Some like to think they know what is going on and feel important.

3. Some are just relaxed and don't get in other people's biz.

Basically sums up this website.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:14 AM

to an extent I agree with tuq, however its probably not a bad idea for [censored]'s past to be known on the forum in case he tries to get more money out of other ppl on the board, bolting without an explanation is pretty low
Old 10-18-2007, 12:26 AM

Man read through the thread again; Dids brought it up in a joking way, was asked about it, and responded with a few more details.

I agree with you about [censored] 's apology being worth something but everyone is arguing about something that didnt even happen. Facts were presented and people can feel as they will about them. He borrowed money and didn't pay it back, offering no explanation. There are way more important things than money, but there's no reason that this shouldn't have been brought up.

You know what, I shouldn't even be posting about this [censored]. I'm not an OOTer and am def not owed any money by [censored]. Just trying to stick up for Dids who I feel didn't do anything wrong.

Sorry to derail the thread.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who are we to judge?

[/ QUOTE ]

We are the internet.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:50 AM

I think people who jump with money should get it as their under-title. Until that happens it's totally reasonable to remind everyone about it in every thread they post.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:06 AM

At this point it appears that people are willfully disinterested in differentiating between online scammers and [censored], who seemingly knows personally all the people who loaned him money and has expressed remorse for his actions and an interest in making good in the future. But as Leaky Eye adeptly pointed out, it's the internet so why not act holier-than-thou while we hide behind our computer screens.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:33 AM

Welcome back [censored]. Newsflash: no one here has grown up, at all.

KJS
Old 10-18-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Best wishes [censored], I hope you the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-18-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dids is right on this one, any other poster gets immediately called out for borrowing a lot of money and then vanishing, they don't get to say they're sorry and then slink away again without paying anyone back.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm destined to regret getting involved in this, but two things about the bolded text:

- do you know that he borrowed "a lot" of money? "A lot" is subjective anyway, dependent on people's bankrolls and how much they are bothered by outstanding debt. He may have borrowed "a little" from a number of people, and the fact that the people who are owed only mention it in passing implies that they aren't too bothered by it, at least not yet, or that they may be classy enough to bring it up in private instead of airing it over the forums.

- he may have vanished, but it seems to be for personal reasons, not to run away from a debt. More importantly, he returned and asked for contrition.

In short, the people who he owes should be the ones having a beef with him, not their friends or any of us. I don't see how it's our business, given that those are all personal relationships that transcend 2+2 anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuq,

Point to me to all the other times where 2p2/OOT gave a [censored] about what was their business or not?

I'm not sure how we suddenly get concerned with matters of decorm and good form just because a guy who built his reputation on being a caustic [censored] crawls back with his tail between his legs.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how we suddenly get concerned with matters of decorm and good form just because a guy who built his reputation on being a caustic [censored] crawls back with his tail between his legs

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a fairly gross mis-characterization of what [censored] has done here.

For what it's worth, I agree that if this was a differentt poster, no one would be jumping on Dids the way they are. That doesn't mean that what he did was right, however.

-McGee