Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Poker RNG Predictor, wtf?

Feel free to delete, but this link shows an 11 minute video of the program being used on Stars, and it's pretty damning evidence if this isn't edited, and it's highly accurate in calling opponent hands in this excerpt.

http://www.pokerrng.com/site/video/intro.php
Old 08-09-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Poker RNG Predictor, wtf?

Are you a freaking moron? Notice how the title bar is missing in the video? I'll be surprised if the "poker table window" in the background isn't being run in some sort of hand replayer or Camtasia style program.

Take off the tin foil hat.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:51 PM

I was here.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:53 PM

I didnt watch the video cause I dont really care to. But Ive always said that a computer program can never really be genuinely random. And if you really want to get down to the science of it, nothing in life is really random besides particles at the very sub-atomic level. They randomly jump in and out of existence and behave in a way completely unpredictable. Everything else in the universe is governed by laws we can (if not already, eventually) understand and there for predict (atleast to an extent). So this is definitely not impossible. Anyone who thinks RNG are actually random and incapable of being "hacked" i guess is the best word, are just kidding themselves. Its a risk Im willing to take though, as long as I continue winning.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you a freaking moron? Notice how the title bar is missing in the video? I'll be surprised if the "poker table window" in the background isn't being run in some sort of hand replayer or Camtasia style program.

Take off the tin foil hat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, thanks. I assumed that was to hide the identity of the player.

Anyway, just came across this article and thought it was worthy of a discussion.

http://express-press-release.com/40/Onli...%20software.php
Old 08-09-2007, 06:13 PM

Are you slow or a spammer?
Old 08-09-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you slow or a spammer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Voting the second option.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:28 PM

Why is everyone so open to discuss poker bots when it's how non-profitable or detectable they are? As soon as someone posts an article/video, which is likely horse [censored], I never stated otherwise in my OP, you automatically assume that the person is a spammer? There's a jump in logic there.

Many people play online poker, you'd atleast think something like this recently coming out would be newsworthy or a concern that merited some sort of discussion? Of course there's a huge chance it does not work as advertised, or is easily detectable, why wouldn't the creator keep it for himself and make millions of dollars? Jesus.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didnt watch the video cause I dont really care to. But Ive always said that a computer program can never really be genuinely random. And if you really want to get down to the science of it, nothing in life is really random besides particles at the very sub-atomic level. They randomly jump in and out of existence and behave in a way completely unpredictable. Everything else in the universe is governed by laws we can (if not already, eventually) understand and there for predict (atleast to an extent). So this is definitely not impossible. Anyone who thinks RNG are actually random and incapable of being "hacked" i guess is the best word, are just kidding themselves. Its a risk Im willing to take though, as long as I continue winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's well known that RNG's aren't truly random buddy. Most people here already know this, so stop trying so hard to look like the resident genius b/c you're really just making an ass of yourself.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I believe a lot of sites use hardware-based random number generators that rely on things like background static to generate their numbers, which are in fact unpredictable.