Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Could the Iraq war be justified?

Is there any possible answer which bush could give that would justify the Iraq war?

What if he said you had to invade Iraq for reasons other than possible nuclear weapons and evil dictatorship.

We needed to invade Iraq for the security of our nation and the security of democracy/human freedom. Our immediate goal was/is not to protect the freedoms of the Iraqi people or bring democracy to them but we need control of Iraq to help the United States/free world.

If we did not invade Iraq, Saddam was going to switch over to trading oil in the Euro and begin massive exports to China, this would put a huge strain on the United States. We also believe that having some control over Iraq allows us to better monitor and act on a aggressive Iran. We need to have a tight reign on Iran for fear that they may begin to full develop nuclear weapons and possibly use there longer range missiles to control the flow oil throughout the middles east. They could in theory have the power to destroy any oil tanker which would leave the OPEC nations.

We need to secure Iraq to gain control over their oil resources. If Iran were to disrupt the supply of oil this would leave the United States and much of Europe with very little control, giving countries like Russia and China the upper hand. Both countries which are controlled in a less than democratic fashion.
For the safety of the free world, we need the United States to have secure energy resources, so it can effectively protect the interests of the free world.

The USA will not be invading Iraq solely for its own purposes, but will also try to improve the lives of the Iraqi peoples. We will try to improve the standuard of living and create a society which will be envied throughout the middle east and much of the developing world.

You understand that this will not be an easy undertaking by any means, and securing the oil resources and oil travel by freighter will take many years, but I/we believe this issue is paramount to the freedom which the American people enjoy and which America has helped the rest of the world achieve.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Could the Iraq war be justified?

Imagine for a second that the United States had a lot of a natural resource, like oil, and we are on bad terms with China, and don't really want to trade this resource with them.

So . . . let's try and figure out a scenario where China's invasion of the United States can be justified. Anyone?

Ron Paul FTW
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dZmPS0XmeBw
Old 09-19-2007, 09:57 PM

The truth is ugly, but the US has killed well over 10 million (since WW2) for the sake of economic control and resources.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:41 PM

seriously you last two?
Old 09-20-2007, 04:47 AM

The most disgusting immoral position I have heard on Iraq at this forum was from an Acist who stated he could only see a justification for the invasion of Iraq if it was privately funded and for private interest.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any possible answer which bush could give that would justify the Iraq war?

What if he said you had to invade Iraq for reasons other than possible nuclear weapons and evil dictatorship.

We needed to invade Iraq for the security of our nation and the security of democracy/human freedom. Our immediate goal was/is not to protect the freedoms of the Iraqi people or bring democracy to them but we need control of Iraq to help the United States/free world.

If we did not invade Iraq, Saddam was going to switch over to trading oil in the Euro and begin massive exports to China, this would put a huge strain on the United States. We also believe that having some control over Iraq allows us to better monitor and act on a aggressive Iran. We need to have a tight reign on Iran for fear that they may begin to full develop nuclear weapons and possibly use there longer range missiles to control the flow oil throughout the middles east. They could in theory have the power to destroy any oil tanker which would leave the OPEC nations.

We need to secure Iraq to gain control over their oil resources. If Iran were to disrupt the supply of oil this would leave the United States and much of Europe with very little control, giving countries like Russia and China the upper hand. Both countries which are controlled in a less than democratic fashion.
For the safety of the free world, we need the United States to have secure energy resources, so it can effectively protect the interests of the free world.

The USA will not be invading Iraq solely for its own purposes, but will also try to improve the lives of the Iraqi peoples. We will try to improve the standuard of living and create a society which will be envied throughout the middle east and much of the developing world.

You understand that this will not be an easy undertaking by any means, and securing the oil resources and oil travel by freighter will take many years, but I/we believe this issue is paramount to the freedom which the American people enjoy and which America has helped the rest of the world achieve.

[/ QUOTE ]
One trillion dollars. One million dead. Case closed. If you think any of what you listed justifies that type of cost you're insane. Period.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The most disgusting immoral position I have heard on Iraq at this forum was from an Acist who stated he could only see a justification for the invasion of Iraq if it was privately funded and for private interest.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bull [censored]. If you can find me someone who can justify the Iraq war I'll show you someone who's not an ACist.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One trillion dollars. One million dead. Case closed. If you think any of what you listed justifies that type of cost you're insane. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-20-2007, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Bull [censored]. If you can find me someone who can justify the Iraq war I'll show you someone who's not an ACist.

[/ QUOTE ]

An ACist made a OP where he said he was against the war but that he could see himself supporting the war if it was privately funded and thus for private interest. Im not saying his view represents the ACist position but I found it disgusting.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

An ACist made a OP where he said he was against the war but that he could see himself supporting the war if it was privately funded and thus for private interest. Im not saying his view represents the ACist position but I found it disgusting.

[/ QUOTE ]

link?