Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: 180 man: final table bubble

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care how quiet you've been unless half the table is sitting out this is a really bad open because if you raise/fold you severly hurt your restealability stack which you should be doing vs the overbetting CL guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if its 5 handed?

Also consider that depending on what level 180 this is there may be no such thing as a "resteal"

[/ QUOTE ]

all 20/180s are resteal fests I really want to put my HH up from my win yesterday you will see how aggro it was and it also was 4 handed for like 75 hands and was really some interesting spots imo.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But if I limp he makes it 7K like he used to i can push for 18K more puting him to a test.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are planing on getting the opponent to fold I don't like this. Once you start depending on people to fold you are also depending on them to think. In the case you describe you could limp/push, but you'd also have simultaneously priced him in (if you expected him to bet 7k). It would be 11k to him and there would be alot more than 22k in the pot.

Your strat would work better if you thought your opponent was raising too frequently, but when he raised he wasn't raising an amount that has him priced into call with a likely dominated hand.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly i didnt want to raise 20% of my stack and fold to re-raise. If i make it 4K, he makes it 12K i cannot re-steal cause villian gets 3:1 on call.

But if I limp he makes it 7K like he used to i can push for 18K more puting him to a test.

Though I agree that after my limp and his all-in A8 goes to the muck. In fact I am today mentally troubled and called, but thats not the interesting part of this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to laugh in your post but LOL those comments you sound like a [censored] poker announcer. Basically you can't put him to the test when hes getting 2 to 1 . Just fold this hand and when it's your BB and he opens then shove cuz then he will have like 4-5k out there and its 20k more to call giving him much worse odds.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:36 PM

Don't limp UTG with A8 and you wont have this problem.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:22 PM

I would prob fold pf UTG but i would raise on the button. But since you are in I would fold to this allin