Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: flying with your dog posing as a service dog

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, he's a douchebag because he wants to take his dog on an airplane and make someone like me deal with it smelling like a dog for 12 hours. 9 people will get sick because of the pet dander flying around in the air, all so he can land at Disneyland Paris and rent a wheelchair to skip all the long lines for the rides after parking in a handicapped spot at the domestic airport with his photoshopped permit.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow man, i guess you're right.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scamming the system by pretending to be disabled would make you a man with admirable gumption.

[/ QUOTE ]

anyway, youre going to have to have a very obedient dog (or a wily con-artist dog) to pull this off. and he'll also have to look like a service dog, e.g.: not a pomeranian or welsh corgi or anything.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if your dog went apechit and pee'd all over and tried to hump the stewardess' leg??

Good luck on explaining that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm really not worried about this because my dog is very well-mannered, very calm and mellow, and very well potty-trained.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:23 PM

I would do a bit more research to find out if you are expected to carry any kind of documentation proving that your dog is, indeed a service dog. I know that you can get through security with metal parts in your body, but you need documentation from a doctor certifying your condition. I would imagine it's similar with a service dog.

Swede
Old 02-22-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Scamming the system by pretending to be disabled would make you a huge douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

not in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he's a douchebag because he wants to take his dog on an airplane and make someone like me deal with it smelling like a dog for 12 hours. 9 people will get sick because of the pet dander flying around in the air, all so he can land at Disneyland Paris and rent a wheelchair to skip all the long lines for the rides after parking in a handicapped spot at the domestic airport with his photoshopped permit.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) my dog is short-haired & very clean. i will make sure to have her bathed and groomed the day before my flight.

2) people routinely bring smaller dogs into airline cabins. pretty much every airline permits this. so i quite likely won't be the only person with a dog on my flight. i don't think bringing a dog on an airplane is really so offensive...
Old 02-22-2007, 06:26 PM

Is there a way to make a bomb out of a live dog?

There. Now the office of homeland security is going to ban dogs on planes because of the terrorist threat.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would do a bit more research to find out if you are expected to carry any kind of documentation proving that your dog is, indeed a service dog. I know that you can get through security with metal parts in your body, but you need documentation from a doctor certifying your condition. I would imagine it's similar with a service dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

with pet issues, the only people you have to worry about are the airline personnel who are actually on your plane. the security people don't know anything about pets traveling, so they let you do whatever.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What if your dog went apechit and pee'd all over and tried to hump the stewardess' leg??

Good luck on explaining that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm really not worried about this because my dog is very well-mannered, very calm and mellow, and very well potty-trained.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a plane? Your dog could panic and [censored] everywhere and bark the whole flight.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Scamming the system by pretending to be disabled would make you a man with admirable gumption.

[/ QUOTE ]

anyway, youre going to have to have a very obedient dog (or a wily con-artist dog) to pull this off. and he'll also have to look like a service dog, e.g.: not a pomeranian or welsh corgi or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've talked to one person who actually did this successfuly, and his dog is a pit bull. for things like "seizure alert", there is no "standard service dog breed". a seizure alert dog can be any breed.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

i've done quite a bit of research. the rules & regulations are quite ambiguous. i was hoping to hear from someone here as to what kind of "documentation" they brought when doing this...