Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Official August Thread: General Discussion, butterfingers/etc

Are your parents from the 1930s or something? And why won't they let you play after 2am? As long as you aren't loud then I can't see the problem.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:20 AM

Hey all, I wanted to get some money off stars, and get it on to FT. Can anybody help me? Ill even send you some extra if you can help me please.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is dealt 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $14.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $48.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $398.00</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $350.00

[/ QUOTE ]

why did you shove here instead of a normal 4bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

well duh, if he had done that he probably would have lost the hand!!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i dont know. i unclicked auto muck so i could show that im crazy!!

[/ QUOTE ]

if anyone ever plays with me online and i take a long time to make a decision, you should probably call because there's a really strong chance i'm unclicking automuck so i can pwn you. people always call when i do this though.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero is dealt 4 2 (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO raises to $14.00, BTN raises to $48.00, SB folds, Hero raises all-in to $398.00,

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anybody who has played w/ me (smart lag) on ft 2/4 think im spewing unnecessarily hard lately?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dunno.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are your parents from the 1930s or something? And why won't they let you play after 2am? As long as you aren't loud then I can't see the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

they are pretty old, 60 and 63. they dont want me gambling during the night, last summer they didnt mind but this summer i think they figure since im getting a job with supposed career prospects they dont want me turning into a degen gambler.

alo they take the (kinda good) view that i should spend my days focused on making money (which when im not getting shitfaced i generally do). i guess most of the richer family friends are pretty dicky so i guess they associate the drive for money as a dicky quality. im not fussed tbh.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:21 PM

oh yeah, i guess also they don't know how much i make, they know its more than the typical student job ($12/hr or so), but they have no idea, and i like to keep it like that, as if they found out i blew it all, they wouldnt be impressed.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anybody who has played w/ me (smart lag) on ft 2/4 think im spewing unnecessarily hard lately?

[/ QUOTE ]

You were fine when I played with you 4-5 days ago. Since then I've been making an effort to avoid the tougher regs since I seem to make more money that way. Go figure.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:19 PM

lol, i wish i could have seen the look on this guys face after this hand. must have really pissed him off, he did not fold to any of my pfr's or c-bets for the next hour. pity i couldnt hit a hand after that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $243.70
BB: $1,183.15
UTG: $696.45
CO: $614.00
Hero (BTN): $618.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $6.00, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $27.00</font>, SB folds, BB calls $21.00, UTG folds

Flop: ($63) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($63) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $48.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $128.00</font>, BB calls $80.00

River: ($319) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $463.00</font>, BB calls $463.00

Pot Size: $1,245.00 ($2 Rake)

BB had T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a straight Nine to King) and LOST (-$618.00)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a straight Ten to Ace) and WON (+$625.00)
Old 08-12-2007, 03:43 PM

after ages spent the past week working on my game without really playing, i sit down, already 3 buyins down at 2-4nl.

60k hands breakeven really isnt fun.

im going to drink beers while playing, that'll help.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after ages spent the past week working on my game without really playing, i sit down, already 3 buyins down at 2-4nl.

60k hands breakeven really isnt fun.

im going to drink beers while playing, that'll help.

[/ QUOTE ]

that will not help. /captain obvious

and yeah, 60k breakeven sucks, but it's not too ridiculous if you're not a huge winner.
Closed Thread