Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Watch this pls kthxbye

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize how small it would be on cardplayer TV so in the future I will only single table in these videos. The A6s river raise is defn agressive but not completey crazy imo. It appeared to me that I had the best hand and he was trying a blocking bet for a cheap showdown. I can't find the 9Ts hand can someone give me a time on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the 9Ts is around 14ish mins.

The Axs river raise is kinda close IMO. Both our line and villian's line look real weak so i think villian is def bettin the river w/ a really wide range but w/ his line and 2 overs hittin turn/river it really looks like he has a small/mid PP, 7x, 8x hand or a draw which i dunno is callin a river raise given the turn and river cards. But then again we are ahead of that range and its possible villian will still call but i might just minraise FWIW. I think the avg donk 50NLer can't talk themselves out of foldin to a minraise on the river w/ almost any pair. The larger raise I see them foldin alot (though the raise aba made wasnt large anways).
Old 07-13-2007, 06:49 PM

I think reraising 9Ts when the small blind opens and the cutoff posts is agressive but as insane as everyone seems to think. My hand plays great post flop and the small blind should be opening a huge range with the CO posting and just me to act. I would be reraising with a hand like 9Ts about 90% of the time in a spot like this one.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think reraising 9Ts when the small blind opens and the cutoff posts is agressive but as insane as everyone seems to think. My hand plays great post flop and the small blind should be opening a huge range with the CO posting and just me to act. I would be reraising with a hand like 9Ts about 90% of the time in a spot like this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think this is a sure way to go broke playing uNL. Villain seems like a tight player. The average player at NL50 is not going to fool around a lot in this spot. Why not call and try to win a big pot when you hit a straight, a flush or two pair. A lot of uNLers would be willing play for stacks with their premium pair here. Especially since you've established a super-aggressive image.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:05 PM

Excuse me if I come of as ignorant. Im merely beginning to grasp what this game is all about. You say you would raise T9s in this spot 90% of the time. At these stakes I think you will find yourself folding to a 4-bet a fair amount of the time in this spot.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:15 PM

"If he has a king, more power to him. Oh he had a lot of kings" LOL the guy basically had the nuts. I mean his bets were really small, but I think calling down was quite stubborn :-)
At around 14min into the hand, right before the T9s hand, you say you might call if you had a higher pocket pair than just 55. What hand would you need to call with? JJ+?

How do you typically react when someone donkbets into you? At 1:20 some guy leads into you and you assume he probably doesn't have a monster, so you raise. In the very last hand you just fold. Where is the difference? The first one is as dry as it gets and the second one has a flush draw. Is that the reason? Personally, I only raise donkbets on the flop when the flop is semidry, like KTx J8x or something, because on a flop like KTx a lot of players at these limits like to test the waters and bet to see if their pair of tens with no kicker is good or not. Whereas on a very dry flop, like the one at 1:20 you basically rely on him to fold a queen because he figures he might be outkicked or you might have an overpair.
Any comments on my thinking?
Old 07-13-2007, 07:19 PM

fwiw, I'm no aba, but I'm raising T9s all day in this spot too ...
Old 07-13-2007, 07:22 PM

I asked another high stakes player about the 9Ts hand and he said that he calls with 55/9Ts and reraises junkier hands that he doesn't mind folding to a shove (T5s etc.). He felt in this situation the small blind was hardly ever calling, but rather almost always reraising or folding. I still think my play is fine but I can see the argument for calling.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:26 PM

I am not aware of stacksizes in the T9s hand, but I just assumed 100bb stacks.

Do you mind folding if SB pots it or folds with T9s ???

I assume raising here is for 1. Aggression, winning it pf a good percentage of the time and 2. Protection, having a percentage of semi-air in your range to induce action on hand that you are willing to felt ?
Old 07-13-2007, 07:43 PM

I'll be the aba fanboi and say that I didnt really see anything strange in that video at all.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Excuse me if I come of as ignorant. Im merely beginning to grasp what this game is all about. You say you would raise T9s in this spot 90% of the time. At these stakes I think you will find yourself folding to a 4-bet a fair amount of the time in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea but noone ever 4bets pf at the micros w/o the goods soo its easy to get away w/. If villian is decent he is probably just tryin to steal and will fold to the 3bet most of the time, esp much more often than 4bet and if he/she calls then we have position.