Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 11:41 AM

Default AA, KK VS 5-6 Suited

well, been playing SSL live for quite awhile, i figure those hand win you a huge pot are seldom QQ+, last night, Taj M, i won couple of big pot with J-6 off, 67 suited, 56 suited, 8-10 off, i call some one's raise and hit my two pair on the flop or turn, and crack their AA or KK.
well, i think this happen to you all the time too, AA or KK either make you less money when no body hit anything and fold or lose you a lot of money when some one hit two pair on you, that happen all the time in SSL, so WTH, i rather play 5-6 suited than play AA or KK in a multi pot, at least i can fold very easy when i don't hit and make a lot when i hit.

any comment?
Old 08-30-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: AA, KK VS 5-6 Suited

[ QUOTE ]
well, been playing SSL live for quite awhile, i figure those hand win you a huge pot are seldom QQ+, last night, Taj M, i won couple of big pot with J-6 off, 67 suited, 56 suited, 8-10 off, i call some one's raise and hit my two pair on the flop or turn, and crack their AA or KK.
well, i think this happen to you all the time too, AA or KK either make you less money when no body hit anything and fold or lose you a lot of money when some one hit two pair on you, that happen all the time in SSL, so WTH, i rather play 5-6 suited than play AA or KK in a multi pot, at least i can fold very easy when i don't hit and make a lot when i hit.

any comment?

[/ QUOTE ]

FAIL. QQ - AA are the most profitable hands you can get. Over time, you'll make something like 3bb every time you get aces (played well). 56s plays well in a multiway pot for 1 bet preflop, but you will never make as much money with it in the long haul as you will with aces, kings or queens. You also put a lot of money in the pot with these hands when you flop straight draws and flush draws and often won't win. hitting 2-pair or trips happens less often than you seem to think.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:43 PM

Scarm = Right

Results-oriented rambling to counter results-oriented OP:

Last night I got snookered in to playing 56s from the BB in a 7 way pot for 1 bet. 3 big bets later my OESD lay in the muck whilst the PFR is adding a rack to his stack with AA UI.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:11 PM

well, i know your point, but my point is if you have AA, you raise, well, for SSL, they will call one more bet if they already in, so mostly if you have AA, 4-5 ppl will see the flop with you, i don't know how good is big pair in multi pot, especially you will not fold your hand!!, it doesn't matter if they check raise you or not, you will call to the river.
what you will win compare to what you will lost, i did record my win and lost history for this, i can't win much with AA and KK, and always lost big pot with them, i don't know if your "played well" refer to fold to a raise if some one show strength, most the time when you hold AA or KK, you will face very tough decision making, that's why "super system" mention, if you raise PF, some one call, raise flop, they call, you either way ahead or behind, most the case you are beat, you can only play it very slow if they call your post flop C/R.

any comment?
Old 08-30-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know how good is big pair in multi pot, especially you will not fold your hand!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's your first problem with these hands... You absolutely will win more than your share of pots with AA and KK, but you need to be able to get away from them when it is clear you're beaten. Having the best hand preflop is fantastic. Convincing yourself that you "deserve" the pot and must showdown every single time with these hands is a leak.

You mention Super System (though it doesn't seem like you read it carefully), so here's a quote straight from it... "The secret with big Pairs is to expect to get them beat about half the time. If you win 50% of the hands, and get an average of four-way action, you're going to come out a big winner"... "One of the reasons that Kings, and even more so, Aces, are disliked is that people 'fall in love' with them and lose much more money than they should."
Old 08-30-2007, 01:13 PM

AA/KK are the 2 most profitable hands in hold em vs 1 or 9 opponents. the end.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:17 PM

Kit, you're right that for any winning strategy this is true. However, I bet you can construct many long-term losing strategies in which you win more with little suited connectors than you do with AA/KK/QQ. Just a thought [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2007, 01:24 PM

i disagree, well, In NL, yes, IN HSL short hand, yes, in SSL full ring game, this is wrong, playing drawing card is more profitable than big pair, thx
Old 08-30-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i disagree, well, In NL, yes, IN HSL short hand, yes, in SSL full ring game, this is wrong, playing drawing card is more profitable than big pair, thx

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're going to 3bet/cap all your drawing hands from now on preflop? you're going to go broke very soon.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:32 PM

Can somebody lock this thing?