Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 12-01-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Anybody play this AQs differently? 6max

I had villain for ~70 hands. Mostly from a previous session. His stats were 20/11/2.1 After the hand I thought **** he outplayed me. But reviewing it I think I was OK. What do you think.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB
Old 12-01-2007, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Anybody play this AQs differently? 6max

What do you assume his turn c/r means?
Old 12-01-2007, 10:27 AM

At that point I figure I'm probably behind. But I still like my drawing potential. Your point is good. If I'm sure I am behind I have to fold the river. Even holding TPTK maybe I had enough information to do that. I was looking at the wrong street. I was thinking maybe I should have checked through on the turn. Which would have meant I had to call the river. Either way I guess I gave away 1 BB.

I think villain's line c/r, c/r helped me lose my focus [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2007, 10:28 AM

just 3bet the flop
Old 12-01-2007, 10:35 AM

BBB- Where should my 3 bet take me?Should I be able to 3 bet/fold to a flop cap in this situation?
Old 12-01-2007, 10:37 AM

lol no
pretty much never fold tptk in 6m
Old 12-01-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At that point I figure I'm probably behind. But I still like my drawing potential. Your point is good. If I'm sure I am behind I have to fold the river. Even holding TPTK maybe I had enough information to do that. I was looking at the wrong street. I was thinking maybe I should have checked through on the turn. Which would have meant I had to call the river. Either way I guess I gave away 1 BB.

I think villain's line c/r, c/r helped me lose my focus [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is pretty much ALL wrong. You're not folding the river, you're NEVER checking behind on the turn. The whole point of calling his flop raise is to raise him on the turn (right? RIGHT????). So you'd have gotten 2 bets in on the turn in any case, so don't fret the c/r. Be happy that he din't b/3bet you.

And I like the call, c/r turn idea. Aggros raise a wide range on the flop and vs. that range, you basically hold the nuts. So you want to get as much $$$ in as possible. Seeing that there are relatively few turn cards that can hurt you, and seeing that aggros follow up on any turn with anything they c/r with (exceptions are there to prove the validity of the rule), you get another BB out of them basically always, while a 3bet just makes them call down, keeps their implieds alive etc.

And the point of asking of what you make of his c/r is that it doesn't do you too much good asking US what we'd do in a GENERAL scenario that's similar to yours. Well, that's not all too helpful in figuring out how you should have responded in that particular hand. So what's crucial here is that you come up with a set of assumptions of what villains actions signify. What range will he c/r the flop with? What range will he follow up on the turn? What range will he check once you call his flop c/r? How often does he screw-play? Don't tell me "I have no clue" - because if you don't have a clue, all me telling you what I'd do wouldn't change the fact that you again wouldn't have a clue the next time this situation comes up. So ask the right question (which is not: "What should I do here" but "Well, I guess he'd do this and that in this'n'that scenario. What's the best line given those assumptions and are those assumptions ok?").
Old 12-01-2007, 11:05 AM

Edit to add: Unless your image at the table is "spewtastic lagtard", BB's line is retarded pretty much regardless of what he holds.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:19 PM

3 bet flop/ and call down if reraised

if called bet the turn and call a reraise and call down.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 bet flop/ and call down if reraised

if called bet the turn and call a reraise and call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

God, how I love those posts where someone burps out some run of the mill line and actually thinks he's doing something meaningful.