fold 18 25.71%
call/check river 15 21.43%
push/raise, callAI 37 52.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Bodybuilder vs Weightlifter

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

looks super fat in clothing, but freaky nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably what he looks like when he's had a bite of food and a sip of water in the past 3 days. So NOT during competition when we see them on TV/in pictures.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably what he looks like when he's had a bite of food and a sip of water in the past 3 days. So NOT during
competition when we see them on TV/in pictures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like he needs to take a growler.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:16 PM

bad choice of pics imo.

who would want to look like cutler?

btw most weight lifters do NOT look like that lol. you should compare a 200 LB bodybuilder to a 200 LB weight lifter of similar height. i'd bet the vast majority would rather look like a 6' 215 LB bodybuilder as opposed to a 6' 215 LB weight lifter.

fwiw bodybuilding is a freak show these days.

poll arnold circa 1975 vs. that weight lifter in the pic in the OP and see what the poll says.

also, i'm down to 200 LBS if anyone gives a [censored]. probably will be 185 come April. 34's are baggy and the abs are coming in full force. bench is waaaaay down though. like, 375 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], but [censored] it.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious as to what's disturbing about his head. Does he monster jaw muscles or something? His pic looked normal as far as the face.

[/ QUOTE ]

that pic doesn't look too bad, you are right.

not sure of the "before" pics on cutler or not, but his head now seems like an "after"

trust me it is not a normal face/skull combo, but no one really says anything about that because the rest of him is even more freaky.

i guarantee his head/face are are about 33% larger then before he started bodybuilding, and please no "he must do FACELIFT jokes" ha ha, i already thought of that one.

cheers. J.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw most weight lifters do NOT look like that lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really breaking new ground here.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bad choice of pics imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is, primarily, the question I was asking. So I remain confused on how it would be better if he wasn't one of the choices.

Keeping that in mind, what would you recommend? A picture of thin Elvis vs a picture of fat Elvis, and interpreting the fat Elvis pics as for Cutler? There is a subculture that most folks find weird (but to each his own), part of its sustaining myth appears to be that others are jealous or something. Meanwhile, Barney Fife is managing to kick ass and take names, all with his bullets in his pocket, one assumes.

And I'm vaguely amused that bodybuilders seem so embarrassed by Mr Olympia. If it is any consolation, I don't blame him on you or vice-versa. As long as you don't do curls in the power racks or use the blow dryer on your balls in the locker room we're okay.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bad choice of pics imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is, primarily, the question I was asking. So I remain confused on how it would be better if he wasn't one of the choices.

Keeping that in mind, what would you recommend? A picture of thin Elvis vs a picture of fat Elvis, and interpreting the fat Elvis pics as for Cutler? There is a subculture that most folks find weird (but to each his own), part of its sustaining myth appears to be that others are jealous or something. Meanwhile, Barney Fife is managing to kick ass and take names, all with his bullets in his pocket, one assumes.

And I'm vaguely amused that bodybuilders seem so embarrassed by Mr Olympia. If it is any consolation, I don't blame him on you or vice-versa. As long as you don't do curls in the power racks or use the blow dryer on your balls in the locker room we're okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol <3 shemp
Old 10-22-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bad choice of pics imo.

btw most weight lifters do NOT look like that lol. you should compare a 200 LB bodybuilder to a 200 LB weight lifter of similar height. i'd bet the vast majority would rather look like a 6' 215 LB bodybuilder as opposed to a 6' 215 LB weight lifter.

fwiw bodybuilding is a freak show these days.

poll arnold circa 1975 vs. that weight lifter in the pic in the OP and see what the poll says.

also, i'm down to 200 LBS if anyone gives a [censored]. probably will be 185 come April. 34's are baggy and the abs are coming in full force. bench is waaaaay down though. like, 375 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], but [censored] it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Olympic weight lifter?

Thing is, bodybuilders carry so much muscle at the same weight that they don't really look that much like regular lifters. A 215 pound 6 foot bodybuilder sounds like a pretty unexceptional one. A 215 pound olympic lifter would probably be several inches taller than a 215 pound bodybuilder.

So you'd have to compare by height, and forget comparing by weight, it seems.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ef,

are you trying to prove my point about the "fat in clothing"
or are you disagreeing and saying "freaky"??

later. J.

[/ QUOTE ]

J.,

I came across this picture at the same time I read your post. I thought it was good evidence to support your super fat claim.

He looks pretty fat to me there, but most of the Mr. O contestants walk around pretty fat off season.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:15 PM

Andy Bolton can deadlift over 1000lbs.