Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: GF invites me to wake, whats my line?

massive LOL at every OOT girl thread that turns into "you obv don't care about her if you don't want to go to her grandfather's funeral" ... get outta here. funerals suck, other peoples' family funerals are awkward and unpleasant, whether or not you care about the person. not wanting to go is fine, and telling her it makes you uncomfortable meeting her family for the first time at a funeral is fine, because that would be a [censored] up way to meet someone's family. i don't see any problem just telling her plainly that it makes you uncomfortable (but through in a "of course, if you really want me there, i'll come with you, i just want to explain why i'm reluctant")
Old 11-24-2007, 06:45 PM

Doesn't matter what the excuse is, men will always look like dogs here if they don't go. It appears selfish and unsympathetic. If you are always afraid of awkward, unexpected family situations when it comes to dating, then you are likely unexperienced. Suck it up if you care. Otherwise don't.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't matter what the excuse is, men will always look like dogs here if they don't go. It appears selfish and unsympathetic. If you are always afraid of awkward, unexpected family situations when it comes to dating, then you are likely unexperienced. Suck it up if you care. Otherwise don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry but this is just not the case
Old 11-24-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: GF invites me to wake, what do I do?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said we aren't that serious. But I didn't mention she likes me alot more than I like her. I am not inexperienced at dating. How many people go to a wake not knowing a single person? I've never met these people, and I have to get up early to drive two hours to see a wake (i've actually never been to a wake or a funeral before)
Old 11-24-2007, 09:17 PM

1. What are the plans you already had for the day?
2. How long have you been dating?
3. Do you see yourself with her in 3 months?

it sounds like a pretty [censored] deal to me, but I can't tell you what to do without being in your shoes.

advanced play: find out what time the wake is. Don't go, call fifteen minutes after the wake starts and leave a voice mail expressing sympathy, condolences, and regret.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said we aren't that serious. But I didn't mention she likes me alot more than I like her. I am not inexperienced at dating. How many people go to a wake not knowing a single person? I've never met these people, and I have to get up early to drive two hours to see a wake (i've actually never been to a wake or a funeral before)

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see how this may be causing some anxiety.

First of all, wakes are typically not stiff and sad like funerals. Wakes are a celebration of life. The last one I went to was when FFK's dad passed last year and it was very nice and healing. People weren't dressed in black and carrying tissues. Friends and acquaintances showed and shared touching/funny/meaningful stories about the deceased. The smile to tear ratio was very moving. IMO, this is the ideal way to embark on the mourning process.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that you, personally, are inexperienced..but if experience teaches you anything, you should realize you need to be available emotionally to women.

It doesn't matter if the drive is 2 hours. No relationship is free, so quit being a [censored].

I vote that your "gf" dump you. For some reason, I doubt you would have posted anon to an internet forum if you had other prospects.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:54 PM

if you arent serious, just be honest and dont go. dont let these guys convince you otherwise.

edit: ,imo
Old 11-25-2007, 12:15 PM

I agree. The only reason to go would be to continue getting laid but, hey, there are many more fish in the sea. Also, if you go she might think that the relationship is more serious than you think/want it to be. Don't go!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 04:31 AM
 is offline

Is this your girl?

If so, avoid wake at all costs.