Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-29-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Sean Taylor Shot at Home

[ QUOTE ]
don't want to derail this thread at all but i found that pretty offensive. 99.99% of muslims are against the actions of these extremists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe 99.99% of the muslims you know or the muslims in the US.

There are roughly 1 billion Muslims today, and .0001 of that is 100,000.

Are you really contending there are only ~100,000 Muslim extremists on the planet? That's barely enough to fill up 1 football stadium.

Thread derail complete.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:41 PM

lol. funny.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:48 PM

I wasn't thinking of Muslims in the US. I was thinking about places like rural Pakistan where Bin Laden is still a hero. Or on the streets of Lebanon where the general public still seems to think 9-11 was an inside job. Granted I have very little first-hand knowledge of these places. But that's the impression I get.

I do know a few people who grew up in Muslim countries. They paint a fairly unpretty picture of racial intolerance, where someone might legitimately fear for their life to speak out against extremists.

Just wanted to clarify, not trying to start a pissing-derail.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:31 PM

one of the reasons I am so sad is because he was such a unique player. I dont think there will ever be another player with his blend of charisma, athleticism, hard hitting ability, ball skills, and heart.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"They say it was a burglary. It absolutely was not a burglary," he said. "Down South, where we're from, there were many people targeting Sean, a lot of jealousy, a lot of angry people.

"Sean, he had a large group of friends, and he no longer hung out with those friends, so you never know where this came from."

<<< article goes on...>>>

What's really hard to understand is why he wouldn't just get the hell out of Miami? If you're living in constant fear, just move to a gated suburb in Virginia. Bring your whole extended family with if you need to. ESPECIALLY didn't he just have a break in 8 days prior? Was he trying to prove he was too much of a man to run?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I was talking about in my post. Most people would have bought a gun, but he obviously couldn't do that. There's also a very simple reason he didn't move out - it's hard to get out of your house and make good security arrangements in the middle of an NFL season [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I have a feeling we're gonna see 1-3 people get caught within a few weeks and they're gonna be his old 'friends' that he was trying to get away from. Sigh.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one of the reasons I am so sad is because he was such a unique player. I dont think there will ever be another player with his blend of charisma, athleticism, hard hitting ability, ball skills, and heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMuthaFuckinTruth. That guy was like a wrecking ball, I loved how he just hurled his body at guys to make a tackle. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man I'm a Giants fan and I liked the guy. Great player, cool guy. Genuinely sad about this [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-30-2007, 06:35 AM

Whitlock may come off as very douchey, but he says what needs to be said. He really shows courage by coming out and saying this, when no other black people have. The message simply needs to get out there or else crap like this will keep going on. It shouldn't just be Jason Whitlock spreading this message. Sean Taylor, Darrent Williams, and many young men are dying this way and it really is a shame.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whitlock may come off as very douchey, but he says what needs to be said. He really shows courage by coming out and saying this, when no other black people have. The message simply needs to get out there or else crap like this will keep going on. It shouldn't just be Jason Whitlock spreading this message. Sean Taylor, Darrent Williams, and many young men are dying this way and it really is a shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing brave about writing an ignorant article, especially when you've been writing the same one for years.

The only valid points Whitlock makes are so simple and obvious that they hardly warrent mentioning. The rest of his crap is just the same [censored] that we usually hear from 60 year old white people who are upset that they let black people use the same drinking fountains as we do.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:08 AM

A very interesting article about the murder investigation from today's Washington Post can be found here.