Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $10.80
UTG+1: $9.20
Hero: $10.15 (Have been playing tight, with a little bit of aggression)
MP2: $5.65 (Seems to lean a little towards tight/weak)
CO: $3.75 (Seems to play fairly tight)
Button: $8.50
SB: $6.05
BB: $8.25

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, Hero calls $0.1 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $0.15)</font>, MP2 calls $0.1 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $0.25)</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $0.35)</font>, BB checks.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.4, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.3</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $0.3 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $0.7)</font>, MP2 calls $0.3 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $1)</font>.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.3, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.75</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls $0.75 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $2.05)</font>.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2.8, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero ???

The thought for just calling the flop bet was to encourage a call from MP2 (since he was still getting wrong odds at a flush hunt). Bet about as much as I thought the small blind could call on the turn. For the river, should I bet? I'm almost positive that I'm in the lead, but I don't think that any bet is called unless I'm beaten. Do you think he can call a value bet? What amount?

<font color="red"> Hand #2 </font>
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $4 (Has been playing aggressively, recently lost a big pot, then sucked-out to double to current stack size. Tilt?)
UTG+1: $3.60
Hero: $13.15 (Have been playing tight, with some aggression. Recent hands shown down were strong hands)
MP2: $5.70
MP3: $1.75
CO: $20.70
Button: $9.10
SB: $3.90
BB: $9.80 (Recently joined table, no reads)

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls $0.1 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $0.15)</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.1 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $0.25)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, 5 folds, BB calls $0.4 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $0.85)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in $4</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $13.15</font>,

The limp/AI from CO and BB just calling my raise makes me think that I'm safe from AA or KK. Is the push too much aggression? If I shouldn't push, what's the correct play? If BB calls, do I still have a shot or am I screwed?

Thanks for your comments.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Re: FT $10NL - 2 Hands, Line Checks / Advice Please

Full ring.

#1- Forget about MP2, get value from SB. River is clearly a bet ~$1.75 and I don't know why you think it's only called when beat. Get those ideas out of your head.

#2- That's fine.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:48 AM

Hand 1: By just calling the flop you're actually giving MP2 pretty good odds to draw to a flush. I'd just raise. I want value from SB. He may be on a flush draw after all.

Hand 2: It's fine. I don't fold QQ to an all-in from a half stack unless I know he's only making that play with AA or KK. The way you described him he might have AK or JJ, or even worse. Just calling is not a good idea since you'll have a hard time to play when an A flops.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:56 PM

hand2: i dont know. im my experience, unknown shorties who limp/3bet ai are slowplaying a monster. If he is any tight, i would lean to fold, but it could be too weak
Old 05-30-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thought for just calling the flop bet was to encourage a call from MP2 (since he was still getting wrong odds at a flush hunt

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmn, this is far from true, he's getting 3 1/3 to 1 immediately, and I highly doubt you and sb just c/f every spade turn

[ QUOTE ]
I'm almost positive that I'm in the lead, but I don't think that any bet is called unless I'm beaten. Do you think he can call a value bet? What amount?

[/ QUOTE ]

its a backdoor flush that hit, of course you get called by non flush hands, I think your turn bet is too small you want the river bet to be somewhere in the 2/3rds to pot size range where you get all the money in

here you are left with 4.95behind and a 2.8 pot

hand2, I don't fold QQ to 40bb shoves without a very good read saying its KK+