Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: The Bobbo\'s Predictions

One thing that really annoys me about NBA endgames is how coaches are obligated to take a timeout after every basket in the last minute if they can.

There was a full timeout before the Piston's last possesion where Sheed put them ahead. I can't believe in that time you can't talk over what you want to do if the awesome defensive plan you spent 2 minutes talking about fails and they score. Especially since the game ending play is invariably a clear out for your star player. A team like the Suns and, I'd think, the Cavs in this particular situation probably have a higher chance of scoring that way if they just ran up the court without the D getting a chance to set. What a waste of a timeout just to say give the ball to Lebron and get out of his way.

On a sidenote I wonder if all that media talk actually influenced Lebron into throwing up that prayer.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also, since i've bashed him in the past, i would like to say that larry actually looks good tonight. that steal was sick.

[/ QUOTE ] me too

I really want to see the Cavs win this series, b/c I think they match up really well w/ the Spurs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The cavs have absolutely no chance of beating either the pistons or the spurs when each team is playing well.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing that really annoys me about NBA endgames is how coaches are obligated to take a timeout after every basket in the last minute if they can.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Suns routinely skip the timeout and play on. I don't know if it's higher than the league average or not, but I've seen a ton of times in the last minute when it's been close and they opt to go right at the other team without a break.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don Nelson never did this, and worked beautifully just about everytime (see Monta Ellis and the Nets)
Old 05-25-2007, 04:30 AM

Default NBA Playoffs

somehow title got changed back to predictions. reverting it back. i really hope utah and cleveland make this competitive.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re: NBA Playoffs

i managed to forget to turn the DVR back on before leaving, but i have seen the highlights of the last series of possessions. it looked like an offensive foul on sheed, but varejao's developing a reputation as a flopper, and unless you're a spur or attended duke, there's starting to be a bit of a fightback by the officials on those with that reputation. it was still one hell of a shot by sheed.

anybody who says that wasn't a foul on that last possession is nuts. however, lebron's had 7 free throw attempts in two games in a series that's ridiculously physical. hubie brown, on sportscenter, described james as "unable to drive without getting mugged." and he's had 7 fta. riiiiight. the pistons had sixteen personal fouls whistled on them all game. SIXTEEN. the cavs had 18 fouls on them. i'll give you one guess which team is clearly more physical.

larry hughes sucks. more booby gibson, less larry hughes, ffs.

this is incredibly frustrating. we should have taken one of these two games. it's all well and good that we probably were the better team for both of them, but we're still down 2-0 and needing to win both of the next two games.

seriously. larry hughes is awful.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:21 AM

pls just lay sheeed out on that layup. send a message. lbj and cavs are soft. wish charles woulda called them out bc lbj seems to listen to chaz.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:13 PM

People still watching the NBA playoffs? After the warriors and the suns losing I have no more interest. NBA playoffs help me go to sleep. I won't even go into the Cavs....why are they even in the Eastern Conf. finals?

Somebody said they'd match up pretty well against the Spurs? Are you serious? Lebron has no reliable 2nd option. Larry Hughes? Wow, I think every time Larry hughes laces up, he's probably smiling how he was able to scam the cavs into a max contract. In the fourth quarter, on 2 consecutive possessions he was trying to go kobe and then turned it over. If i were a cavs fan, I'd hang myself right there cuz' of larry 'waste of space' hughes.

also, i don't even think the pistons deserve to go to the finals. they are pulling the 'we're so good, we'll only play well when we have to'. They're going to get swept in the most boring finals ever.

god the nba sucks.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:34 PM

Victor- You're way off there. James played that really well, managed to force Sheed into a difficult shot. He made it. Oh well.

The problem isn't softness, it's terribleness, specifically by your boy Hughes.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People still watching the NBA playoffs? After the warriors and the suns losing I have no more interest. NBA playoffs help me go to sleep. I won't even go into the Cavs....why are they even in the Eastern Conf. finals?

Somebody said they'd match up pretty well against the Spurs? Are you serious? Lebron has no reliable 2nd option. Larry Hughes? Wow, I think every time Larry hughes laces up, he's probably smiling how he was able to scam the cavs into a max contract. In the fourth quarter, on 2 consecutive possessions he was trying to go kobe and then turned it over. If i were a cavs fan, I'd hang myself right there cuz' of larry 'waste of space' hughes.

also, i don't even think the pistons deserve to go to the finals. they are pulling the 'we're so good, we'll only play well when we have to'. They're going to get swept in the most boring finals ever.

god the nba sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you're cool.

Just stop posting about it if it sucks so much. Makes you sound pretty pathetic.

ZOMG I GAVE YOU ATTENTION FOR YOUR TROLL POST! Hope I made your day.