Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 09:17 PM

Default The Shield Ep 6.8

Speculation on what happens tonite? With Vic and Shane at odds, the team seems set with Julian and Hyatt moving in. Also any thoughts on Vic's forced retirement? We really haven't heard anything about that lately... Figure they'd have to wrap that up soon.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: The Shield Ep 6.8

You're a few weeks late dude
Old 05-22-2007, 09:39 PM

Yea I think I kinda phased that wrong... I meant it looks like the team is set with Vic, Julian, Hyatt and Gardocki.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:58 PM

i would like to talk about the shield, but am afraid to b/c i think a lot of people (including me) have seen up to 10 at least and i forget a lot of what happened in which ep and don't want to spoil anything. 10 is fing insane btw.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
9 and 10 are f'ing insane btw.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-23-2007, 02:06 AM

lapoker, poonjab... you are better off not saying anything at all in these threads if you've watched ahead. I understand that all either of you said was how insane the last two episodes are, but even that is a bit too much info for some. I for one will stay away from any thread that has any hint of the future, so clearly title any thread that has such info.

Tonight's episode definitely set the table for the last two episodes and most likely, the final season. It almost seems as if they will be making Shane out to be the final "villain" that Mackey has to face. I guess it will depend on how deep he gets into this armenian mob thing.

Aceveda's developer homeboy is gonna tie into all of this as well, and I surely expect Aceveda's balls to be in the vice very soon whether he is blackmailed by the developer guy, or abusing his power with the barn, he definitely is going to be a huge part of the future IMO. I'm still interested to know the deal with the 1 arm guy. I wish they would have at least mentioned him this episode.

I'm very interested to see if Shawn Ryan tries to get Vic, Shane, and Ronnie working together again... and I'm gonna assume that they will have to work together on some big development regardless of their personal relationships. The interesting angle now, is if Ronnie can trust Vic now that he knows about Terry. All this "full-circle" stuff is getting quite intense! I cannot wait till next week (and no, I am not soliciting any direction towards the released episodes on the net, I have willpower, damn it!)
Old 05-23-2007, 02:37 AM

Didn't Ronnie pretty much say that he's not stupid and that he's known Vic iced Terry for a while now?

He's actually turned out to be a really interesting character after being pretty much on the sideline forever. I do want to see if he keeps on having Vic's back as they get deeper and deeper back into [censored] again.

That and whether the new guy backs Vic or turns on him in the end are the most interesting stroylines for me.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:47 AM

Something tells me the Aremenian daughter is going to eat Shane for lunch.

The only logical way for the Strike Team to not go down in a ball of fire is for the three of them to reconcile their differences.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't Ronnie pretty much say that he's not stupid and that he's known Vic iced Terry for a while now?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]He said it, but I don't believe him. I think he, unlike Vic, took some time to think about it, got some perspective, and concluded that Vic can’t claim the moral high ground. Maybe he’ll be the mediator for a reconciliation between Vic and Shane. If so, it'll be just in time, since Shane is going to find himself in wayyy over his head with the Armenians and need Vic and Ronny's help.

[ QUOTE ]
He's actually turned out to be a really interesting character after being pretty much on the sideline forever.

[/ QUOTE ]It was worth the wait just to hear him say “in the cut” and “throw down.”

I was surprised that Hiatt told Vic about Claudette’s lie. He’s becoming more likable, even though I still think he’s ridin’ dirty from his days with INS.

My guess for who is ratting out Hernan is still Aceveda’s developer friend. I couldn’t figure out how a Mexican developer has ties to the Salvadoran gang, but they may have answered that this week. It looks like he told his Biz Lat buddies, and word spread to the Salvadorans that they didn’t want to meet with a possible UC. I’m looking for the developer to start pressing Aceveda for Hernan’s identity. (Claudette didn’t give Aceveda his name, did she?)

Another good episode. It stood on its own, while moving things along to the finale.