Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2007, 03:41 AM

Default Re: NBA Playoffs Thread

All I have to say is long live Raja Bell. I [censored] love this guy. Tonights game drove me to drinking, but in a good way.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All I have to say is long live Raja Bell. I [censored] love this guy. Tonights game drove me to drinking, but in a good way.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the cut of this guy's jib. More posts from him plz.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I like the cut of this guy's jib. More posts from him plz.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-15-2007, 03:58 AM

There's no way they can suspend Diaw without suspending Stoudamire. Diaw actually caught himself and went back to the bench. Stoudamire had to be restrained and practically dragged to the bench. If Stern decides he'll only suspend one Sun, it would have to be Stoudamire. If he decides it wouldn't be fair fair to basically make an Horry for Stoudamire exchage, he'd give Horry 2 games to Amare's 1.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:00 AM

Theres not way they are going to suspend these guys in this series. This is too important.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, had a few options for tonight's game. Watch at home, watch w/friends, go w/mostly random friends to a nearby sports bar. Chose the latter. $4 32 oz Coors Lights, yo.

Anyway, the place had the feel of a funeral home until about the last three minutes of the game when it absolutely exploded. I mean dudes hugging dudes, people buying other random people shots, a total love-in. Nobody there thought this game = NBA title, but understood the gravity of the situation, and many of us had tossed in the towel until the few final bizarre minutes, which were absolute euphoric bedlam.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is awesome. i watched it with my gf and honestly didnt talk the 2nd and 3rd quarter. then i was clapping, cheering, going beserk in the 4th when thingsFINALLY started going well.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:23 AM

Well that was a punch in the gut. One thing is certain: when they put their collective minds to it, the Spurs know how to do the job.

Regarding the [censored] at the end, I don't see how at least Amare isn't getting suspended. I wish he wouldn't, because it will ruin the series, but jesus [censored] christ, how stupid can you be? If he does end up sitting game 5, it's his own damn falut.

That was really disappointing of Horry. Old man had a terrible game, and then did the whole series a giant disservice. Blah. This sucks.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, had a few options for tonight's game. Watch at home, watch w/friends, go w/mostly random friends to a nearby sports bar. Chose the latter. $4 32 oz Coors Lights, yo.

Anyway, the place had the feel of a funeral home until about the last three minutes of the game when it absolutely exploded. I mean dudes hugging dudes, people buying other random people shots, a total love-in. Nobody there thought this game = NBA title, but understood the gravity of the situation, and many of us had tossed in the towel until the few final bizarre minutes, which were absolute euphoric bedlam.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is awesome. i watched it with my gf and honestly didnt talk the 2nd and 3rd quarter. then i was clapping, cheering, going beserk in the 4th when thingsFINALLY started going well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wish I was with you tuq. Sounds like fun. I'm going to have to go back to Phoenix sometime soon. Same thing here watching with my dad. We pretty much thought it was over after Phoenix got within 2 then it went back to 7 or 8 again late when Nash went brain dead. Last 2 minutes was so [censored] awesome!!!

I'm still not sure how I feel about suspensions yet. Horry more than 1 game? Amare is obviously full of it about checking in. Diaw looked like he did what Barkley was talking about, taking a step or two then realizing to get the [censored] back on the bench. Hopefully the league will just say that Diaw didn't get past the "bench" or something and they believe Amare's bull. I think the suns can still win without one, but not both. Interesting to see what happens.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:49 AM

Those who think that Amare's star power or his importance will get him off the hook don't remember Ewing getting tossed during that whole Van Gundy humping Zo's leg incident. If I remember correctly, Ewing trotted out to like half court and got tossed for a game that basically decided the series. Granted that was a much larger fight, but Ewing's role it in was comparable.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:48 AM

That was also during a time when the NBA didn't need the extra ratings.