Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my 2cents, as an 4 year AP player (if that matters)

ok, so AP releases bits a pieces of information to the public through ABC, MSNBC, Gambling911.com that was not first told to pocketfives and 2p2. They gather everyones responses/reactions (from the board here) to these new bits to figure out exactly which angle the community will accept, they edit their upcomming statement which is now tailored to everyones expectations.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. Let them make a final, official statement in the mainstream media, and let's see how it holds up. They've already covered their asses by releasing this statement on a friday afternoon, with the disclaimer that it's not offical yet. Let's not be too trigger happy here.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh. Our expectations are for them to burn. And we're not settling at this point. So meh.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:29 PM

Isn't First Nations people alright?

edited for injection had a good point about avatar right now.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:32 PM

I don't see why anyone is catering to AP's piddling concessions, or expecting a full admission. It is painfully clear the cheating goes straight to, and fully encompasses the top. These bastards are not just going to turn themselves in. The options to consider are:

1-Get them shut down. Full exposure of all evidence, contact KGC and auditers, etc.

2-Let it slide: the hit to online poker isn't worht further persecution.

Waiting for AP, and coddling them into more acceptable versions of lies doesn't accomplish anything. I don't think it's possible to clean up the company. It's basically made of filth - there'd be nothing left.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:33 PM

The story told by MSNBC makes no sense. If a "rogue employee" "geek" were genuinely just trying to "prove it could be done", he would have informed management the next day. It would not take a month of denials until incontrovertible proof were established externally to find it out. Unless what he was trying to prove was that those 2+2 folks sure are clever. It is so obvious that this is something they made up to try to cover up, that it sounds like management is an innocent victim and that there's nothing to worry about.

Can you think of any other story they could tell that would have the same effect, of acknowledging some of the facts but totally absolving the company of resposibility? If you can't, if this is the only one, that is a strong indication it was made up for that purpose.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my 2cents, as an 4 year AP player (if that matters)

ok, so AP releases bits a pieces of information to the public through ABC, MSNBC, Gambling911.com that was not first told to pocketfives and 2p2. They gather everyones responses/reactions (from the board here) to these new bits to figure out exactly which angle the community will accept, they edit their upcomming statement which is now tailored to everyones expectations.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. Let them make a final, official statement in the mainstream media, and let's see how it holds up. They've already covered their asses by releasing this statement on a friday afternoon, with the disclaimer that it's not offical yet. Let's not be too trigger happy here.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh. Our expectations are for them to burn. And we're not settling at this point. So meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

edit [expectations] enter "opinions", "responses"... your choice... my brain is a little fried after reading these posts for the past 5 hours.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:34 PM

In case my previous post wasn't entirely clear.

Yesterday morning: AP security didn't know about the hole card issue.

This morning: AP security has fixed it 100%.

I'm not buying it and neither should you.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:36 PM

They not only didnt know about it, they had looked at the circumstances and concluded it absolutely positively didnt exist.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yea, it's like 2+2 moved all-in on AP and after a loooong time of deliberating (and the whole poker community calling the clock on them), they finally folded... well, let's hope so at least. If they decide to actually call, they're going to find out they have a losing hand (damn, i'm in serious analogy mode right now).

[/ QUOTE ]
Ban for terrible poker metaphors

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL... after typing that I thought "damn, i should be banned for these corny metaphors"
Old 10-19-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AP's current stance fails to answer a lot of questions.

[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Why didn't the initial investigation find any wrongdoing? Especially when the account in question belonged to Absolute Management?

What are some others?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was just some geek trying to prove a point why didn't he do it in play money games?

If it was just some geek trying to prove a point why would he bother "framing" whatsisface?

It's all a load of BS. They've been smarter than other folks their whole lives and can't comprehend how unutterably stupid they are.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:37 PM

Fluff- I don't think we are coddling.

They have stated they will be making an official statement.
We expect that to come nearing the end of today's press cycle for obvious reasons.

I assume we have tarps ready to sprong at that point when their complete inadequacy is exposed.

edit: apparently sprongs may also be one thing.
Closed Thread