Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 01:16 AM

Default Re: 25-50 6 max deep stacks on Stars

Heads up limit tables. Those are the only games that go on other sites. This should have been years ago, and I've never figured out why not. Particularly at the highest limits, people only want to play LHE and O8 HU.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:25 AM

daniel,

to get on a waiting list, players must have the min. buyin for that table. make it so. gogogo.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:57 AM

what about an uncapped 2/5 or 5/10 game with minimum 100 BB stacks?
Old 09-26-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Heads up limit tables. Those are the only games that go on other sites. This should have been years ago, and I've never figured out why not. Particularly at the highest limits, people only want to play LHE and O8 HU.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-26-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, like ANSKY said, this is a golden opportunity to help make changes. Anyone who doesn't play as high as 25/50 please do not comment, because your clogging a very valuable opportunity for the site to cator to its true clientelle. The extra rake at the higher levels makes up for the fact that there may be less players there, and lower limit players on the site come and go, but the 100/200 guys remain a steady stream of income. Thanks Ansky for calling out all the "railbirds and retards," suggesting things like Chinese poker, Badugi, or ideas for contributions to charity, because none of us wants to waste these ideas when we could have deepstacked heads up 100/200 tables instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't. that's just ridiculous. i have no idea how many people in this posting requests in this thread are grinders or even actually play alot, but you def. don't have to be a 25/50+ player to be "true clientel." there are plenty of 1/2-5/10 and 10/20 players who contribute WAY more rake to PStars.

and as far as people suggesting Badugi, and other games like that, good for them. some of you may have forgotten, but it's possible (and some people, much like myself) make a living playing poker through games other than NLHE. adding more games for weak players to play just adds another game i can play to pay my rent.

keep your stupid posts to yourself, maybe type them in notepad or something and read them alone sometime when you're bored.

i agree w/ ansky to keep the way-too-far-out-there options out of the thread like Progimento's (which i'm sure was a joke, and it did make me lol because he's obv. a good player that contributes big rake). but there are good suggestions to be offered other than what to do about the NLHE tables.

thanks again daniel.

oh, and count me in for the suggestion to add more mid-level mixed games. it sucks having to either play either 30/60 or 500/1000 H.O.R.S.E

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure you just got leveled hardcore.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you should have charity tables that play like bad beat tables- except when you the bad beat occurs, you can contribute to the charity of your choice and pokerstars will match half the jackpot. That would be for the people who play more for pleasure than profit I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like this.

another idea was to have a "tip the dealer button" that gives to a current charity of the week, e.g. when you have had a good session. This could be matched by pokerstars up to the amount of your rake for the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are great ideas - or perhaps being about to cash in FPP's towards a charity? Given the image problems with online poker giving something back might help the cause.

And Dan, if you are gay you're still alright with me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

.Z
Old 09-26-2007, 02:28 AM

10BB min buyin at the lower levels to increase the recreational player pool
Old 09-26-2007, 03:08 AM

Daniel.....

for limit players a few easy changes.

how about something $20-$40 omaha
how about $15-$30 and/or $20-$40 stud hi/lo
Old 09-26-2007, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PPL posting in this thread,

This is a very important opportunity, please to not spam w/ ideas like half pot limit badugi, or whatever. Post ideas that stars will employ, because they help both the user and the site. Pick your battles, and try to post coherently and intelligently. When the 100/200 players asked Daniel for a deep table, he got it going within a week. This is a real opportunity, so do not waste it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no right in telling anyone on here what to post.

If people what to write 'half split hi/low badugi chinese poker' w/e; so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ no right.

Honestly what kind of a statement is that.

I have every "right" (lol) to make suggestions as to what I think will be effective, and what will not be. If u disagree, go ahead and post what you please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying stuff like you have just makes you sound very condescending and a mega douche like A Jeff.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Saying stuff like you have just makes you sound very condescending and a mega douche like A Jeff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Unsurprisingly, he's just as right as Jeff usually is