Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Patriots get caught with camera man taping NY Jets coaches playcal

[ QUOTE ]
just because something is a rule violation does not mean it is cheating. There is nothing illegal about stealing signals. the only issue is having a camera on the sidelines.
If the media hadn't labeled it cheating, you wouldn't be calling it that.

Late hits are also rules violations.
so is holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a fool.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:54 AM

late hits and holding are cheating, which is why they're penalties. they're just judge to be less severe forms of cheating than videotaping signs, so they're penalized less harshly. stop talking.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just because something is a rule violation does not mean it is cheating. There is nothing illegal about stealing signals. the only issue is having a camera on the sidelines.
If the media hadn't labeled it cheating, you wouldn't be calling it that.

Late hits are also rules violations.
so is holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

By definition a rule violation is cheating.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:36 AM

I am a Pats fan.

They got caught doing something insanely retarded (yes, it was definitely cheating) and they were punished. Some of the stealth salary cap violations of the past were also insanely retarded and those teams were nailed as well, but the usual hit was a 2nd and 5th rounder or something (too lazy to look it up). A 1st round pick is a pretty big price to pay, but I think the commish got it right. LOL at anyone even discussing the monetary fine. Big deal. In the NFL, money literally DOES grow on trees.

Belichick could have been suspended a couple of games, but I think the loss of the draft pick hurts a bit more. BTW, to all you haters, which is worse, the camera or getting caught juicing? I'm seriously interested.

BTW, eat it Chargers... lolz.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:51 AM

show me to the money trees plz
Old 09-17-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am a Pats fan.

They got caught doing something insanely retarded (yes, it was definitely cheating) and they were punished. Some of the stealth salary cap violations of the past were also insanely retarded and those teams were nailed as well, but the usual hit was a 2nd and 5th rounder or something (too lazy to look it up). A 1st round pick is a pretty big price to pay, but I think the commish got it right. LOL at anyone even discussing the monetary fine. Big deal. In the NFL, money literally DOES grow on trees.

Belichick could have been suspended a couple of games, but I think the loss of the draft pick hurts a bit more. BTW, to all you haters, which is worse, the camera or getting caught juicing? I'm seriously interested.

BTW, eat it Chargers... lolz.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's easy to bust on the Pats since they've been busted for both recently.

For the record, I think Merriman sucks too for doing roids.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:18 AM

i do kinda lol at the media who call the pats 'cheaters' but say merriman or harrison 'violated the substance abuse policy.' it's all cheating, the same way punching a guy in the balls in a pileup is cheating, or trying to game the salary cap is cheating, or anything else that a lot of teams in the league do is cheating. sublime nailed it when he said that goodell basically acknowledged this is more widespread than just the pats, and the 1st rounder is meant to send a message to everyone else. this is the new york media jumping all over a story that will sell lots of magazines, blatantly ignoring the fact that coaches, media people and players have all acknowledged that this is far from being exclusive to any team or organization.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:20 AM

The Pats deserve to be jumped on, though.

The warning was sent to all teams because of the Pats last year. It was sent to them, and basically forwarded to all the other teams to make it clear. The fact they did it after they were specifically warned makes any punishment just.

Also, I'm so tired about hearing how every other team does it.. there is probably more than just the Pats, yes.. but its inappropriate to assume every team is doing it. And even if they are it doesn't make it any better.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I'm so tired about hearing how every other team does it.. there is probably more than just the Pats, yes.. but its inappropriate to assume every team is doing it. And even if they are it doesn't make it any better.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only reason i keep bringing it up is because people act like the pats are the only team that ever did it, and the NFL has made a concerted effort NOT to let this turn into a wider scandal. hence the pats are taking all the media heat for it, because those [censored] love to pontificate, as if they don't know that a lot of teams do this kind of stuff.

no i don't think it makes it ok that everyone does it, and i don't argue with the punishment. i think the pats were pretty stupid to do what they did, but i think it's laughable that it's such a big issue because

1. the edge gained from this is somewhere between nonexistent and negligible.
2. it is far more widespread than anyone in the media acknowledges, and also easily counteracted.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:25 AM

NT,

If you really believe the edge is non-existant you must think Belicheck is a complete dumbass for doing something that cost your team so much, right?

I personally do not think we understand what the edge gained was.. and many ex-players disagree on just how big of an edge it was. From very small to extremely large. We will never understand the edge gained.. but I think Belicheck is smarter than to do it if there was no benefit gained.