Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Marsha Waggoner hates black people.

[ QUOTE ]

There is a 20-stone Eastern European guy who's a regular at the poker club I used to go to who is known to own a nearby strip club, and who knows what else he's into behind the scenes. He is very loud, sometimes very rude at the tables, trying to crush and bully people he doesn't like. He always has other guys with him lurking in the background. He drops a lot of money, so it's a running joke that if you spend £20 on a lapdance at his club, £19.50 goes to him to feed his poker losses. Now, if (taking my life into my own hands) I was to jibe him at the tables with "I know you make all your money from strippers anyway", would I be being "racist" because he happens to be from Eastern Europe?

Same situation as in the OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

same situation fo SHO
Old 09-04-2007, 12:17 AM

who?
Old 09-04-2007, 12:34 AM

Confirmation that this guy was/is indeed a drug dealer ends all doubts. Blind statements in fits of anger against a certain race or w/e is the definition of prejudice.

Once again, if it's funny then it's not racist. All you need to know.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:08 AM

This guy couldve easily been a professional athlete! C'mon folks. Ok J/K....really. What a rude thing to say. Sounds like the guy was being pretty cool about it too. He shoulda told her to go home and wash the dishes.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:11 AM

I think whoever mad ethe Kenna James reference has a mugh more interesting question.... How did these two ever get together and then marry? She seems 15-20 years his senior and I can't even see her be attractive in her early years. I have played with her and she is generally friendly and tactful. I doubt she is racist but what does Kenna see in her?
Old 09-04-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What does "looking" like a drug dealer entail? Being black? wearing jewelry? I think your way out of line on this one, along with the woman who said it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it basically the look Sammy Farha works on?
Old 09-05-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is unreal how ignorant some people can be. And I'm not just talking about her. "Did he LOOK like a drug dealer"- what exactly does a drug dealer look like? "Young gangbangers.... where do you think they got the money" Did you ask them to pull over and confirm for you that they are in fact, gang bangers? If not, you don't know what or who they are and where they got the money to afford their cars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm excuse me sir, but my friend and I from 2+2 were curious as to how you and your essays came up with the money to purchase the hydrolics for that lowrider of yours. In my estimation, it is believed to have been funded in part by the sale of illegal substance. Can you please confirm? Thank you for your time, and drive safely.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did the guy LOOK like a drug dealer? If so, it isn't racist. If he didn't, then yeah it's out of order.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude Jim I've defended you in the past, but sometimes you don't make it easy man. Just give me hands from high stakes games you are railing that I don't have time to watch and just want the cliff notes. Mmmkay, thanks.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
meh i agree with u jimm, and i is black so my opinion counts for like 3/5 white guys in this argument

[/ QUOTE ]

FYN[UMERATOR]
Old 09-05-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did the guy LOOK like a drug dealer? If so, it isn't racist. If he didn't, then yeah it's out of order.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude Jim I've defended you in the past, but sometimes you don't make it easy man. Just give me hands from high stakes games you are railing that I don't have time to watch and just want the cliff notes. Mmmkay, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it racist to call someone, who looks like a drug dealer, a drug dealer?
Closed Thread