Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: NCAA Bowl Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Why is that so funny M2TR? If Wis, UM and OSU win, they will all finish in the top 5. That fraud Wisconsin team is looking really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well no, LSU or Louisville need to win, and LSU is a huge favorite over Notre Dame, and Louisville is also pretty highly favored.

A 12-1 Wisconsin isn't moving past a 12-2 Florida.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is that so funny M2TR? If Wis, UM and OSU win, they will all finish in the top 5. That fraud Wisconsin team is looking really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

It shows how bad human voters and opinions really are. Wisconsin top 5?????????????????

They aren't even a top10 team.

Humans are such a biased jopke.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:50 PM

OK, but you can't just switch arguments because results don't fit your previous statements. All year you talked about how superior the SEC is to the Big 10. You cannot attribute today's results in Big 10/SEC games as "complete joke human bias."
Old 01-01-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not a joke at all

Penn St has a great pass defense with more speed than anyone and a mediocre rush defense. Tennessee's offense is based around the pass and not the run.
On the other side of the ball, Morelli pretty much sucked all year, but Tennessee can be outmuscled. There is a reason I didn't bet the Tennessee line despite the jopke that the Big10 is.

Then, you go on to praise Wisconsin so whole-heartidly for a one-half performance. It's a little early to be so gone ho considering Arkansas has a ton of rushing yards despite a key injury.

Wisconsin has one win over a team that has won a bowl game at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Wisconsin is so sorry that Iowa didn't pull out the win against Texas, and that Minnesota blew a 31-point lead versus Tech. Clearly those games were gimmes for Wisky. And more fun, at this point your silly stat won't change. Since if they beat Arkansas, they didn't even win a bowl game. What a joke of a team.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well no, LSU or Louisville need to win, and LSU is a huge favorite over Notre Dame, and Louisville is also pretty highly favored.

A 12-1 Wisconsin isn't moving past a 12-2 Florida.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, then they will all finish in the top 6. Not sure if that makes the conference worse than all finishing in the top 5.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Ark come back and win this, but they will probably need to do something in the passing game. Their QB play looks really suspect. I am impressed with Ark's DL. Very athletic.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:56 PM

huh? I believe I argued the Big East is superior to the Big10 all year.

Follow along please.

I bashed the SEC fanboys for quite some time as well as their superiority complex is somewhat ridiculous.

I only bashed the Big10 fans more when they made ridiculous statements that have no merit in reality, ie equating Michigan's 2nd place big10 run to being better than Florida's run winning the SEC. Even if Wisconsin wins, has the bowl season not shown the SEC to be much tougher????? I'm not sure what you are watching.

All year, I said that going through the Big10 with Wisconsin or Penn State's record is not impressive. The Big10 bottom was teh suck so bad. Yet, Big10 teams got huge credit for winning while BigEast teams were panned over and over again for not having a tough enough schedule.

It's all biases coming out over and over again.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if Wisconsin wins, has the bowl season not shown the SEC to be much tougher????? I'm not sure what you are watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to ask you the same question. You are saying that even if Wisconsin and OSU win, the SEC has been much better than the Big 10? Not sure how you can make that case if the Big 10 goes 3-0 against the SEC. If Ark comes back and it is 2-1, then the case can be made. At 3-0, it would be a tough sell.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not a joke at all

Penn St has a great pass defense with more speed than anyone and a mediocre rush defense. Tennessee's offense is based around the pass and not the run.
On the other side of the ball, Morelli pretty much sucked all year, but Tennessee can be outmuscled. There is a reason I didn't bet the Tennessee line despite the jopke that the Big10 is.

Then, you go on to praise Wisconsin so whole-heartidly for a one-half performance. It's a little early to be so gone ho considering Arkansas has a ton of rushing yards despite a key injury.

Wisconsin has one win over a team that has won a bowl game at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Wisconsin is so sorry that Iowa didn't pull out the win against Texas, and that Minnesota blew a 31-point lead versus Tech. Clearly those games were gimmes for Wisky. And more fun, at this point your silly stat won't change. Since if they beat Arkansas, they didn't even win a bowl game. What a joke of a team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iowa and Minny weren't gimmes?????? Especially compared to the comprable SEC teams?
You've got to be joking if you thought those were tough games when they took place in the context of the season.

Minnesota beat the following this year:
Kent St
Temple
North Dakota St
Indiana
Michigan St
Iowa

Now, let's look at who Iowa beat:
Montana
Syracuse
Iowa St
Illinois
Purdue
Northern Illinois

Are those two teams capable of beating good teams?
Each team beat one bowl elgible team (Iowa for Minny and Purdue for Iowa) at home.

In their best performances of the year, they still couldn't win games against uninspired opponents.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK, but MT2R and others have insisted for months that Wisconsin is a fraud team with no chance of dealing with SEC "speed" and "athleticism." Up 10 at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wisconsin is a fraud team that happened to draw the best matchup possible. Same with Penn St. If it is Penn State-Arkansas and Wisconsin-Tenn, both games are blowouts the other way.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you possibly get away with this type of statement? Penn State was a 4 loss team. Wisconsin beat them 13-3. But if we magically switch the matchups, Tenn is a "blowout" over Wisconsin?

Let's get [censored] serious.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:05 PM

Well, WVU is getting worked. Rutgers played an unranked team. We'll see about Louisville in a very favorable match-up.