Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Rhapsody Music Program

I've been a Pandora user for quite a while now, and I like it, but I'd rather have the ability to actually choose the songs that I want to listen to.

A friend of mine showed me Rhapsody , which is run through RealPlayer. I was kind of impressed from what I saw so I signed up for the free trial. Initially I was pleased and was considering paying the monthly fee ($9.99-14.99 depending on the plan) and joining.

You have free range to listen to millions of songs on tons of albums. You can download the music onto your computer and mp3 player, although I'm not sure if there is a time marker. There's also music videos which I'm less concerned about.

After a few days of browsing through, I realized that there are a number of songs which you can't actually listen to in their entirety, only 30 second snippets. There are some albums that you can't listen to at all without paying an additional price. Also, there are a lot of BIG albums for BIG artists that are simply non-existent on the site, they only have later, less popular albums listed.

So I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this site/program? Does anything change once you actually sign up? Does anyone have a better site that they use? I realize that in order to have access to a library of music like this, a monthly fee is certainly reasonable, but I feel like I would be better off paying for a better site if one exists.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Rhapsody Music Program

I have been using Rhapsody to go (14.99 plan). This is the one that allows you to download tracks to your mp3 player (unlimited 9.99 plan doesnt allow downloads to mp3 player).

I am very happy with the plan.

remember, it doesnt work with zune or apple ipod though.

it works with sansa, toshiba gigabeat, creative labs mp3 players. go to the site and see compatible players first
Old 03-01-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been using Rhapsody to go (14.99 plan). This is the one that allows you to download tracks to your mp3 player (unlimited 9.99 plan doesnt allow downloads to mp3 player).

I am very happy with the plan.

remember, it doesnt work with zune or apple ipod though.

it works with sansa, toshiba gigabeat, creative labs mp3 players. go to the site and see compatible players first

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a limit on number of downloads per month? And couldn't you download --> burn on CD --> put on iTunes?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:17 PM

Music is DRM'ed, so you can't just burn like normal.

I believe there are some programs out though that can get rid of the protection.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:30 PM

I have the $14 plan. Me and my wife like it. She puts tons of stuff on her ipod with it after buring it to CD.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:41 PM

I haven't even been downloading from Rhapsody. Just listening to various albums through the program while I'm playing.

On the site under 'devices supported' though I saw:
"Rhapsody supports more portable devices than ever before, including Apple's iPod and most Windows media devices."

Haven't tried it myself though.
i have a ton of songs in my iPod through the iTunes program thingee. So I don't know if trying to put in a song from Rhapsody will wipe those out or what.
Obviously I can just upload them all over again if I screw it up though. Just haven't gotten around to trying to figure it all out.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:47 PM

MB-
We have itunes + rhap downloads on the same ipod without difficulty
Old 03-01-2007, 03:49 PM

i'm a huge fan of the service, i've pimped it in OOT several times.

HERE the service is discussed a lot, specifically along with the rhapsody sansa e200r series portable player. my gf and i both have one, it totally rocks.

HERE i pointed out a slightly more hardcore product, used for unlimited rhapsody on your home stereo without use of a PC.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:16 PM

Thanks..

Is there a time limit or anything like that on songs you've DLed onto iPods/mp3 players or can you just keep them indefinitely?

And has anyone else noticed a lack of certain staple albums for bands?
Old 03-08-2007, 02:19 PM

I signed up for the $14.99 Rhapsody-to-Go plan. I have a Creative Labs Zen Nano mp3 player but it doesn't seem like my specific model is supported. Does this mean I can't transfer any songs to it without paying extra?